Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:

The murders of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh were crimes against individuals but in case of Memon he is guilty of serial blasts that killed hundreds of innocent people and injured several times more. There is no comparison in between these cases.

Then why where they awarded death sentences? So now a mathematical formula needs to be evolved to lonking numer murders and death sentence punishment.

I am a 'nobody' on manufacturing formulas on such matters but that's how I felt. As far I am concerned I would like to see all criminals wiped out without delay as normally taken by the Indian judiciary. I see no reason why (and how) a petition can be filed in a lower court once President and Supreme court have already given their verdict. I wish I knew a little more about these matters. 

Also how can Supreme Court award death sentence and then on subsequent reviews change it to life sentence. Also why the death sentence is not carried out for 10 or 20 years and then a political party asks them to be released. It is not understandable.

I agree that there should not be any delay in execution of a death sentence, but recently in USA a man remained on death row for 32 years and was executed  now for a murder in 1983.  Perhaps this is a problem in a democracy, but the better option is for a parliament to pass a law setting a time frame for appeal and  execution in a death sentence.  As an example in China the death sentence and all appeal procedure is over in 3 months.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
vijay wrote:

A confused state can not have uniformity in application of laws.

I feel that the lower courts go strictly by words in statute but the High Ciurts and Supreme Courts fo beyond written text of law and here the personal bias or prejudice works. This is vouched by the fact.that on same issue high courts decide differently anf addto confusion. Ultimately law is implemented diffently according to jurisdiction of High Court till Supreme Court overrules some decisions and gives final ruling.   

The  very fact "Courts' decisions and interpretations be it Apex court or High court  vary as mentioned by you support the version of Vijay. Definitely a state of confusion is prevailing in the judiciary system.

We copied the British system of justice, but they reformed their justice system. Unfortunately in India the old  system continues and that is the reason for confusion  in the judiciary. That is one reason the trials carry on for years and death sentences are not executed also fore decades. There is an inbuilt state of confusion in our judicial system. Just as an example the Madras high court had asked a rape victim to talk to her rapist and try and solve the problem till the Supreme court came down heavily and the order was recalled. 

However, it is certain there exists a " State of Confusion" in Indian judiciary. Now it is time for all essential amends. Please suggest some ways to make Indian Judiciary more effective.

I am too small a man to suggest anything, but the entire political an djudiciaal system is rotten. I have only one option and that is for the President to itervene and declare Martial law. I see no other way. I look at Burma and see that the army stabilised the situation there and now even in Thailand the King has called in the army after the civilian governments got mired in corruption.

On the whole I feel that there is enough political pressure to see that the muslims are not discriminated against..I have seen it many cases here in my own city which is volatile with regard to communal tension since it is bordering Kerala and we have a huge muslim population here. Any communal tension in any part of the country has an immediate effect on our city and the law keepers take immediate steps now.But when there is a situation where the two communities are involved it is the majority community that is given the step motherly treatment because of political intervention..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It may be that I'm fortunate to reside in a state like AP sans communal tensions. Rather there are a plethora of Hindu Muslim  cultural organizations conducting jointly both by Hindu and Muslim festivals with respect to each religion.

rambabu wrote:

It may be that I'm fortunate to reside in a state like AP sans communal tensions. Rather there are a plethora of Hindu Muslim  cultural organizations conducting jointly both by Hindu and Muslim festivals with respect to each religion.

Perhaps Hyderabad is the exception. Riots have taken place there and it is one of main centres of Indian Mujahadin

rambabu wrote:

But Syed Ali Mujtaba says AP is capital of riots esp Hindus are doing so many things against Muslims and yes same are the views of great leader from MLI Mr Obbesie. nHere is what Mr Mujtaba thinks about Hyderabad

http://www.countercurrents.org/mujtaba170410.htm

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

usha manohar wrote:

On the whole I feel that there is enough political pressure to see that the muslims are not discriminated against..I have seen it many cases here in my own city which is volatile with regard to communal tension since it is bordering Kerala and we have a huge muslim population here. Any communal tension in any part of the country has an immediate effect on our city and the law keepers take immediate steps now.But when there is a situation where the two communities are involved it is the majority community that is given the step motherly treatment because of political intervention..

We are forgetting that Muslims are a force in India and with 60 Islamic nations breathing down Indias neck, India cannot afford discriminatiin against Muslims

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

But Syed Ali Mujtaba says AP is capital of riots esp Hindus are doing so many things against Muslims and yes same are the views of great leader from MLI Mr Obbesie. nHere is what Mr Mujtaba thinks about Hyderabad

http://www.countercurrents.org/mujtaba170410.htm

I agree. I can now disclose that when I was in Air HQ we new that Hyderabad had dormant mujhadin cells which could be activated any time. Its a flashpoint situation

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

We are forgetting that Muslims are a force in India and with 60 Islamic nations breathing down Indias neck, India cannot afford discriminatiin against Muslims

Why discriminate at all ? this is exactly why we need to have a common code of law, of course criminal laws are different ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In whichever you look, it is imperative to have a common code of law, if India wishes to develop itself. I am of the firm opinion lack of common code irrespective of religions is eating away the fruits of development in India.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.