Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not in favor of Martial Law. By strictly imposing our present laws, our can government can control many crimes. So it is important to impose the present laws strictly, filling all loopholes present in our current system.

http://www.comparenshop.in

MG Singh - There is no ideal solution. One has to choose lesser evil, but martial law is a success at most places for short period.

I agree with that .. It is a choice between the devil and the deep sea . I feel that whoever is in power during Martial law is bound to commit excesses far more than within the democratic frame work where they are accountable at least to some extent !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Let me begin quoting Sir Winston Churchill-the

arch imperialist and no friend of India- in the 

context of granting independence that "Power

will go into the hands of rascals,rogues and 

freebooters......." He is not my favorite politician

but I can't help admiring his perspicacity of thoughts and clarity of vision when I look at the state of affairs of this nation more than sixty years down the line. Lord Wavell once maintained that India needs to be governed firmly or not governed at all. Netaji advocated it.We went for democracy which faintly resembles mobocracy with rights accepted as license to indulge in doing whatever we feel like.There are many failed states like West Bengal whose statehood should be put under animated suspension and a brief spell of such rule can be a pragmatic experimented.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Let me begin quoting Sir Winston Churchill-the

arch imperialist and no friend of India- in the 

context of granting independence that "Power

will go into the hands of rascals,rogues and 

freebooters......." He is not my favorite politician

but I can't help admiring his perspicacity of thoughts and clarity of vision when I look at the state of affairs of this nation more than sixty years down the line. Lord Wavell once maintained that India needs to be governed firmly or not governed at all. Netaji advocated it.We went for democracy which faintly resembles mobocracy with rights accepted as license to indulge in doing whatever we feel like.There are many failed states like West Bengal whose statehood should be put under animated suspension and a brief spell of such rule can be a pragmatic experimented.

LOL, I think mobocracy is the right expression to use for Indian 'Democracy' which is a joke ! But having said that it is somehow pulling along ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

We had an emergency here when every act of dictatorship was  practiced - I feel that although martial law has its advantages in making the indisciplined  masses toe the line , who is to do that ? I cannot see any of our politician capable of really carrying out or taking such a daring step ! Martial law by the army too would be a short term measure..

Also who is to ensure that the army will not misuse its additional power? Already we are seeing large number of instances where army officers have beaten up innocent civilians for a very silly reason, there are cases of rapes on hapless women by armymen etc. Army now is not what it used to be, for whatever reasons, but I do not think implementing martial law is any solution.

There is no ideal solution. One has to choose lesser evil, but martial law is a success at most places for short period.

Maybe we do  have to choose the lesser evil soon, because there is only so much that the people can take. But what guarantee is there that after the 'short term' which could 5 years or 6 years or whatever, discipline is going to be permanent?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

We had an emergency here when every act of dictatorship was  practiced - I feel that although martial law has its advantages in making the indisciplined  masses toe the line , who is to do that ? I cannot see any of our politician capable of really carrying out or taking such a daring step ! Martial law by the army too would be a short term measure..

Also who is to ensure that the army will not misuse its additional power? Already we are seeing large number of instances where army officers have beaten up innocent civilians for a very silly reason, there are cases of rapes on hapless women by armymen etc. Army now is not what it used to be, for whatever reasons, but I do not think implementing martial law is any solution.

There is no ideal solution. One has to choose lesser evil, but martial law is a success at most places for short period.

Maybe we do  have to choose the lesser evil soon, because there is only so much that the people can take. But what guarantee is there that after the 'short term' which could 5 years or 6 years or whatever, discipline is going to be permanent?

There is 100% guarantee, as I live near a cantonment area and whenever I pass through Cantt. area I see the behavior of people entirely changed. Everyone following all rules, everything neat and clean and no rowdiness. And I thought being from Military background you knew it better than most. Incidentally I have lived in many army camps so I know it will make a big difference.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There appears no provision of martial law in Indian constitution. Actually Martrial law is enforced in some countrues not constitutionally but bya a way of military coup unconstitutionally. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

There appears no provision of martial law in Indian constitution. Actually Martrial law is enforced in some countrues not constitutionally but bya a way of military coup unconstitutionally. 

I agree with you sir. Martial law is against the norms of democracy. Hence against constitution.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

@Kalyani

On the flipside of it there are dangers doubtless.

But if we weigh in all the postives it makes out a strong case of a few doses of this medicine.In my state students are studying the art of assaulting vice chancellors,professors and teachers.Doctors have developed vested interest in diseases Criminals weild more authority over police. Now tell me if martial

law would more insufferable? When the case is one for massive surgery,will cosmetic one will do?

suni51 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is 100% guarantee, as I live near a cantonment area and whenever I pass through Cantt. area I see the behavior of people entirely changed. Everyone following all rules, everything neat and clean and no rowdiness. And I thought being from Military background you knew it better than most. Incidentally I have lived in many army camps so I know it will make a big difference.

Good points raised. Martial law is needed in India as a rot has set in. Nobody can clean the mess. Martial law will bring in discipline. Look what General Kemel Ataturk did for Turkey after the mess of the Caliphate.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.