Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Martial law can be imposed as measure to contain some sort of unrest for a  limited period. There is no provision for Martial law in the the Indian constitution  Or make India as a  country of Dictatorship. Both cannot exist together.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Let me begin quoting Sir Winston Churchill-the

arch imperialist and no friend of India- in the 

context of granting independence that "Power

will go into the hands of rascals,rogues and 

freebooters......." He is not my favorite politician

but I can't help admiring his perspicacity of thoughts and clarity of vision when I look at the state of affairs of this nation more than sixty years down the line. Lord Wavell once maintained that India needs to be governed firmly or not governed at all. Netaji advocated it.We went for democracy which faintly resembles mobocracy with rights accepted as license to indulge in doing whatever we feel like.There are many failed states like West Bengal whose statehood should be put under animated suspension and a brief spell of such rule can be a pragmatic experimented.

Democracy in India is a farce. We have men like pappu Yadav well known gangsters and Jayalalitha ruling. Democracy and progress in India? I will die laughing on a bed of nails.

Bengal is terrible. I served for long periods there. The politucians destroyed that state which threw up a great leader like Bose.

Howsoever the democracy may make one feel frustrated it still is to be preferred to martial law. It is extremely surprising to read a member denounce democracy and progress in India in the terms only he can do. In democracy there are checks and balances , people have a voice, sooner or later , corrective measures get taken based on protest by affected. Under martial law only one man thinks about what is good for every body and they suppress opposition with iron hand.Only the most negative persons will believe that democracy has failed in India. The experiments of Pakistan with martial law are conveniently forgotten by @MGSingh and @Chimoy who even quotes colonial masters derogatory statements purposely made to denigrate Indians and make them feel inferior. Unfortunately many of us continue to suffer.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

@ MG Singh ...Good points raised. Martial law is needed in India as a rot has set in. Nobody can clean the mess. Martial law will bring in discipline. Look what General Kemel Ataturk did for Turkey after the mess of the Caliphate.

I feel that Mustafa kemals kind of rule was not martial rule , just that there was one party rule and he was in power for 20 odd years...He also was the one who brought in reforms and modernised Turkey,Today Turkey is probably one of the least fundamentalist Islamic nations ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Good points raised. Martial law is needed in India as a rot has set in. Nobody can clean the mess. Martial law will bring in discipline. Look what General Kemel Ataturk did for Turkey after the mess of the Caliphate.

In fact we need a different Martial Law in India, we must hand over the law and order to army direct under home ministry of India (police working under army control). 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Is it a Democratic Martial law ? can you please elucidate this new kind of Martial law. I have my own doubts any kind of Martial law in a democratic set up is hazardous. Democracy and Martial law are poles apart.

@Vijay

You have missed the subtext and context  in which  I quoted Churchill.Let us not overwhelm ourselves by who said it , rather what  he said. How one would loved to see his arrogant doom prophecyy proved wrong but our rulers seem determined to prove each letter of his utterances right. Can you deny it? 

rambabu wrote:

Is it a Democratic Martial law ? can you please elucidate this new kind of Martial law. I have my own doubts any kind of Martial law in a democratic set up is hazardous. Democracy and Martial law are poles apart.

Call it what you like but we need strong hands to handle our bad behavior. Our politicians also are no different from uneducated masses doing what they like doing nothing but calling names to each others.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Call it what you like but we need strong hands to handle our bad behavior. Our politicians also are no different from uneducated masses doing what they like doing nothing but calling names to each others.  

It's OK. Instead of martial law, i feel it would be better to implement the existing Law and order in the strictest way. The fear of Punishment both in general public and the politicians should be injected literally in such a way any criminal / politician should shudder before committing a crime or utter nonsense.

usha manohar wrote:

@ MG Singh ...Good points raised. Martial law is needed in India as a rot has set in. Nobody can clean the mess. Martial law will bring in discipline. Look what General Kemel Ataturk did for Turkey after the mess of the Caliphate.

I feel that Mustafa kemals kind of rule was not martial rule , just that there was one party rule and he was in power for 20 odd years...He also was the one who brought in reforms and modernised Turkey,Today Turkey is probably one of the least fundamentalist Islamic nations ..

True...Usha and people have even more modern outlook than Indians, transgenders and others are treated with more kindness in Turkey than other countries probably, I have never been there so not very sure but books reflect a country's true nature. I have read some of the books from series known as Turkish Delight and they reflect the modern outlook quite well.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.