The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

rambabu wrote:

A writer is expected to be original. Copying and pasting will not contribute to Proficiency. Yes it contributes to Plagiarism.

I agree with you. I was referring post that asked the requirements to become a Proficient writer. In that context I said Proficiency in writing warrants for originality.

I think we are diverting from the main topic. My main question is how come one can be selected "Proficient writer" in such a short terms (within a month). Or the selector having different policy in their mind, just to please a new member? It is totally a biased selection if it happened in group of hundred freelance writer those who write with their heart.

Regards

Jeets

I don't think so. we are well within the scope of the thread. And many suggested including me that Proficiency in writing cannot be decided over a short period. It takes a lot of time and consistent efforts to decide the proficiency in writing. I'm sure i made myself clear. If some body decides one's proficiency in a short period, it is a classic example of violation of  the rules.

Jeets wrote:

I think we are diverting from the main topic. My main question is how come one can be selected "Proficient writer" in such a short terms (within a month). Or the selector having different policy in their mind, just to please a new member? It is totally a biased selection if it happened in group of hundred freelance writer those who write with their heart.

The only person able to respond to your query would be the administrator of the site you are referring to...I doubt if any individual would twist rules just to please one member. If that is the case then it is not worth contributing and wasting your time on that site ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Jeets

When you yourself are in a doubt Whether the selector has a different policy, you cannot jump to hasty conclusions. I felt it would have been far better had you cleared your doubt from the selector himself. I don't think the selector would refuse to talk to you.

Proficiency of a writer is decided based on the quality of his articles in that site. He should prove his talent by publishing genuine articles that have some sparks of brilliance. Admin and editors of that site are the judges who follow some definite policy of that site to select the proficient writer.  Other members are just readers or viewers. In case you or the other members find any injustice, it is better you bring it into the notice of the Admin. If it is a clear favoritism, and you don’t get justice, just quit. 

Exactly. I too feel that the poster should have a direct contact with the selector. It's not good to have a doubt and jump to  hasty conclusions.

Senior members have done well to put the issue in the right perspective. Who am I to judge my own proficiency or lack of it? I have got to submit myself to an authority or authorities in whom I need to have perfect trust.And once that comes under a cloud ,it is a hell lot better to call it quits than fretting and fuming! What do you say?

Dear Members, thank you for your responses. I had been associated with that site for almost three year. So, yes I knew all policies and rules. The site encouraged the new members those who have good knowledge about writing. And this is well accepted by all seniors but when they selected "Proficient writer" to a new member who has not even proved himself to the site with his writing, I did questioned to the selector and had long argument. Later when some seniors and well reputed writers supported me, the administrations woke up. Now they started acknowledging other old and good writers with proficient badges. After that, exactly I did as some of you have suggested. I quit the site.

Yet, this question was running in my mind and so I thought to put it in front of you.

Here I would like to mentioned about me that I never jump to any conclusion because I know this is writing world, what you are saying or writing is itself a proof. 

Once again Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Regards

Jeets

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.