What does prayer means? Why do we pray? Its just an ritual or something more. Reciting aarti at home or in temple has any purpose or we have just become habitual of doing this?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Prayer is a request to god which we do. Whenever we are in problem we remember to god with prayer that god help us or overcome from this problem. Because we believe in god, and god helps us.

Prayer is  a  religious as well as legal term.  In religious sense, this is a prayer to GHod or some deity for getting some material benefits. Many pray for money, child or good health.  Prayer in judicial sense is request to competent court to grant  the relief applied for. . 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You go to god and pray when you are in difficulties. OK. Do you pray when there is no problem ?

rambabu wrote:

You go to god and pray when you are in difficulties. OK. Do you pray when there is no problem ?

Prayer to God or deity is ritual. so many pray on Tuesday or sunday or Friday according to religious belief. May be no problem. Then prayer may be for peace and harmony in society. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Prayer to God or deity is ritual. so many pray on Tuesday or sunday or Friday according to religious belief. May be no problem. Then prayer may be for peace and harmony in society. 

Prayer is submission of self before that nameless, formless and shapeless power to show gratitude for all that the power has given. But those prayers which request favors from the god and in return break the coconuts. burn the incense sticks is not prayer.

Prayer is a dialogue between the devotee and God, usually a request to make everything smoothly. It is a one-side conversation where the devotee speaks and believes that his words are being heard by the god. …..My interpretation is that when a person prays, his prayers are heard by his own Self; but not by any third person outside him. If his prayers have feelings and power, his subconscious mind acts on them and creates necessary circumstances to produce the result. ….And the credit goes to God… True; He deserves it, because God is the Infinite power within our Self! 

Well said. God i an infinite power within us. Rather I would say it's the power of self. Prayer in my view is a kind of affirmation. This is the promise made to yourself and sticking to it.

People pray to God so that they will not face any type of difficulty in future and get rid of those difficulties which they are facing. Many of us believe that praying will help us to achieve our targets and god helps us in different ways.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Prayers which seek boons are not prayers. Prayer is gesture of expressing gratitude.

Right Sir, Prayer is an expression of thanks to that shape less, formless, infinite power. I dont think you have to tell your problems and difficulties to God. He dont need to know anything. If all events are happening according to his wish then what is the idea of telling and sharing your problems to him.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.