Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Prayer cannot be taught and Prayer need not have a procedure like kneeling down and joining hands. Just closing the eyes not get distracted. And prayer can be done in any place except a noisy place

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

Prayer takes different meaning for different situations. It is a plea when one is desperate, it is a thanksgiving when one achieves, it is hope when one is trying, it is a bargain when one is uncertain, it is a contract when one is taking a risk and it is a homecoming when one's time has come.

That is the best description of what prayer really is so far I have come across! plus1.png

True, they say faith moves mountains and prayer is an extension of that faith and it is different to different people depending on the situation and  what their perceptions are .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Ways of prayer may be different. But the main objective of prayer is neither requesting nor demanding. It's a serene submission to God or whatever people call to express gratitude to the creator.

rambabu wrote:

Ways of prayer may be different. But the main objective of prayer is neither requesting nor demanding. It's a serene submission to God or whatever people call to express gratitude to the creator.

Just like the ways of prayer are different for different people, so is the objective. Different people use different tactics while praying, in times of need, their prayer is a request, in times of peril, it is a plea for assistance, in times of comfort, it is a simple act of gratitude, so on and so forth!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Agreed. It should be simple and not time consuming. I pray like this especially when I get up in the morning.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Just like the ways of prayer are different for different people, so is the objective. Different people use different tactics while praying, in times of need, their prayer is a request, in times of peril, it is a plea for assistance, in times of comfort, it is a simple act of gratitude, so on and so forth!

Whenever a topic of prayer and devotion comes up, one person comes into my mind - Janardhana Reddy , who was part of BSR congress party then jumped to BJP , called Bellary Baron where he owned mines, later inducted fr corruption and sent to jail, although now he is out on bail . Apparently he was a great devotee of Lord Venkateshwara and never missed his daily prayer.He must have prayed for more riches during his period of power and prosperity and later for his release while in prison now must be praying even more to get him out of the tangle he has got caught in !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I know about Janardhana Reddy involved in mining scam. If a laew offender like Janardhan reddy prays, it's meant that he should be given a clean chit by the CBI

Janardhana Reddy too has the right to pray and he in his own may be a great devotee .God or creator is for all beings regardless of their standing in the society.In his case obviously he has more reasons to pray than others 

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Whenever a topic of prayer and devotion comes up, one person comes into my mind - Janardhana Reddy , who was part of BSR congress party then jumped to BJP , called Bellary Baron where he owned mines, later inducted fr corruption and sent to jail, although now he is out on bail . Apparently he was a great devotee of Lord Venkateshwara and never missed his daily prayer.He must have prayed for more riches during his period of power and prosperity and later for his release while in prison now must be praying even more to get him out of the tangle he has got caught in !

Ha ha ha! That is quite funny, but anyway you are right Janardhan Reddy cannot be denied rights of praying, but it seems to me that people are quite selective in their deities for offering their prayers, right now Lord Venkateshwara seems to be topping the list of popularity for he seems to be th only God who grants riches to his devotees!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

He has the right to pray. By all means he has to pray. Because there is no option for him.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.