Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Exactly. despite noble souls like Radhakrishnan who envisaged a new India decades ago, we are dragging our feet still on the paths of time worn beliefs and thoughts.

rambabu wrote:

Mahatma Gandhi's saying is an eye opener to those who wait for the things to happen. Being proactive is the Hall mark of a winner. He will not wait for the things to happen. Rather he will make the things happen. The entire exercise paves way to not only for Peace of mind, but to that immense satisfaction that's as strong as 1000 elephants.

I don't get this.. eye opener to those who wait for things to happen?  He said become the change.. Proactive to the core. I cannot think of  a more proactive statement that that. 

Sofs wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Mahatma Gandhi was far ahead of his times in many respects ...He had also said " when you educate a boy you educate an individual, when you educate a girl you educate a generation "

He was.. but look at us today.. we seem to have moved back in time.  We are still making laws for women's safety and protection.  Which just says that we as a society may have learned stuff but have not become better people. 

That is the irony , in some ways we have moved backwards , am sure women were far more secure those days ! No wonder the fifties and sixties are referred to as the Golden age in every respect !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sofs wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Mahatma Gandhi's saying is an eye opener to those who wait for the things to happen. Being proactive is the Hall mark of a winner. He will not wait for the things to happen. Rather he will make the things happen. The entire exercise paves way to not only for Peace of mind, but to that immense satisfaction that's as strong as 1000 elephants.

I don't get this.. eye opener to those who wait for things to happen?  He said become the change.. Proactive to the core. I cannot think of  a more proactive statement that that. 

Let me make myself clear. Gandhi's saying " Be the change what you want to see. " translates it self to the fact that one should not wait until a change occurs. If you want to see a change in the society, don't wait for others. Take the initiative and act and see that the Change starts from you. "

This message conveys that one should be Proactive.

rambabu wrote:

One who conquers his wants is considered as the conqueror of the world. Such conquerors can rule the world. People kneel down before them and hold them in the highest esteem.

After a person conquers his wants why does he want to rule the world or expect anything at all?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

One who conquers his wants is considered as the conqueror of the world. Such conquerors can rule the world. People kneel down before them and hold them in the highest esteem.

After a person conquers his wants why does he want to rule the world or expect anything at all?

Who said one who conquers his wants wants to rule the world ?

Such people can be "equated " with a person who conquers the world. Such people are venerated and adored.

suni51 wrote:

I don't think most of us are, At least I am not. The day I say I am in peace, I will rest in Peace.

I am agree, at present life is not easy. We have to face many problems every day. We start our day with reading newspaper and every one know that these are full with crimes and corruption news. When our day start with it how we can feel peace.  How can a helpless person say that I am in peace. 

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I don't think most of us are, At least I am not. The day I say I am in peace, I will rest in Peace.

I am agree, at present life is not easy. We have to face many problems every day. We start our day with reading newspaper and every one know that these are full with crimes and corruption news. When our day start with it how we can feel peace.  How can a helpless person say that I am in peace. 

True Anil. Peace of mind is always associated with peace in the surroundings. We cannot sing and dance when our house on fire.

I am at peace even when I have unfulfilled desires but it gets a strong blow when people around me misbehave with me, keep an eye on me, or want to prove their supremacy simply hurts me deep inside. 

shampasaid

If you are at peace, irrespective of whether your desires are fulfilled or not, is a matter of pride for you. Meditation keeps you away from desires and mundane needs. That is you have acquired a state of equanimity. Bravo !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.