Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I am at peace even when I have unfulfilled desires but it gets a strong blow when people around me misbehave with me, keep an eye on me, or want to prove their supremacy simply hurts me deep inside.

Great that you can be at peace when your desires are not fulfilled. But why let others ride on your emotions. Isn't that letting others take control of you through your emotions?

I believe that we need to be in control over our emotions. Easier said that done.. however it is a process .. It happens over time. Patience and perseverance can get us there.  

Sofs wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I am at peace even when I have unfulfilled desires but it gets a strong blow when people around me misbehave with me, keep an eye on me, or want to prove their supremacy simply hurts me deep inside.

Great that you can be at peace when your desires are not fulfilled. But why let others ride on your emotions. Isn't that letting others take control of you through your emotions?

I believe that we need to be in control over our emotions. Easier said that done.. however it is a process .. It happens over time. Patience and perseverance can get us there.  

Yoga, if done regularly and religiously you acquire a state of Equanimity, the quality of taking the things as they come to you. No rejoicing on a triumph. No lamenting on turbulence.

I don't do yoga.. but I do mediated on the scriptures and it does brings me the same equanimity.

Whatever may be your means, end counts.

That is the point of this discussion.. It is not hard to find peace within.  Have a great day.. I should get going now. It was fun hanging around.

If you have faith in your abilities, if you stay true to the path that feels right, if you channel your passion into action, you will ultimately achieve a breakthrough.  In other words, Peace of Mind.

Peace of mind is achieved through different means to different people. For me, I achieve it by staying focused and balanced throughout the day by Prayer, Meditation, following what is Right and succeeding Individually and together. Fulfiilling different Objectives also gives peace of Mind to go ahead with more Confidence.

It is not that one will stay in continuous peace of Mind but one shall strike more peace than disapointment and he has the ability to get over his disappointment through his strengths and Prayer, Meditation and going in the right way always helps in getting peace of mind and discretion of thinking.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Most of the times I am at peace with myself and my surroundings, but like many have voiced here, the feeling of peace is not permanent as it can be disrupted by many things and incidents. But generally speaking, I am mostly content with my dreams, what I have achieved and what I want for my family, so yes, I am at peace !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

One of the ways to achieve peace of mind is to have a satisfactory state of mind. That is you can call it as, "It's my day." But having a satisfactory day all along for keeping at peace, it is required to do Yoga and different Yoga Asanas. .

I am not free. I am part of a family, a society and the humankind. As long as human relations exist I have to face the struggles of the external world, its turbulence and all contradictions of life. Success in struggles in the external world and fulfillment of desires give happiness and peace of mind, which are temporary. As long as attachment is there, eternal peace within will be a mirage. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.