The topic is locked.

This is only an example! Why we are creating this situation of gender bias which disrupts the learning cycle of a little heart?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I fail to understand, how a few colors are going to pave the way for gender bias " Please elucidate.

rambabu wrote:

I fail to understand, how a few colors are going to pave the way for gender bias " Please elucidate.

That's a common factor, for example look at your own profile picture and see you have used all blue and its shades yourself.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That's a common factor, for example look at your own profile picture and see you have used all blue and its shades yourself.

Blue, does it signify gender bias ? My wife too wears blue sarees.

You can spot any girl section of clothing, you will find maximum pink dresses pink ribbons. Why Designating a particular color to a gender? 

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Actually in western world they associate pink with female although blue is a common color. As far Indians are concerned, we are too colorful to limit our choice to a particular color for a particular gender.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Actually in western world they associate pink with female although blue is a common color. As far Indians are concerned, we are too colorful to limit our choice to a particular color for a particular gender.

So, it says that in this context using a particular color as a scale to determine Gender bias is meaningless. At the most one can predict the attitude of a male or female by their color choices.

May be because the ocean and sky are masculine and the Mother Earth feminine.

So, what is there to speak about gender bias ? They are the colors endowed by the nature.

In China I have seen male and females dressed in same colored dresses, generally dark blue. The whole scenery looks so colorless and drab. I think we are overreacting to the color codes.

Exactly. colors are just speak of one's likes. Nothing more.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.