The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

More than any psychological reasons it was actually the other way around when pink was accepted for boys and blue was for girls, but was not accepted by manufacturers and retailers and they started promoting the accepted 'pink-for-girls' and 'blue-for-boys' norms, more for commercial reasons. But somehow they are now stuck as gender stereotypes.

However, now in the 21st century there is no need for us to stick the stereotypes as now men are now considered more cool when they appear as metrosexual men, men who take care of babies, cook for the family, help their wives etc. there are now more and more wide ranges of clothing for men where pink too is a dominant color. So we can help remove such gender stereotypes by allowing our children and encouraging them to choose colors according to their own likes and not just letting them stick to only such gender-biased hues.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Color choices and options vary from time to time. Yesterday's trend, becomes obsolete today. However it sounds ridiculous to link color choice with gender bias.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

More than any psychological reasons it was actually the other way around when pink was accepted for boys and blue was for girls, but was not accepted by manufacturers and retailers and they started promoting the accepted 'pink-for-girls' and 'blue-for-boys' norms, more for commercial reasons. But somehow they are now stuck as gender stereotypes.

However, now in the 21st century there is no need for us to stick the stereotypes as now men are now considered more cool when they appear as metrosexual men, men who take care of babies, cook for the family, help their wives etc. there are now more and more wide ranges of clothing for men where pink too is a dominant color. So we can help remove such gender stereotypes by allowing our children and encouraging them to choose colors according to their own likes and not just letting them stick to only such gender-biased hues.

I agree, to break such gender color convention we should encourage kids to choose the color of their like. Mostly children does not care about colors and clothes but people and things around make them to care a lot. 

If the children do not care about color, it is essential for the parents to make them know. Generally I found children are attracted towards vibrant colors, though they do not know the significance of them.

Neha Sadana wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I agree, to break such gender color convention we should encourage kids to choose the color of their like. Mostly children does not care about colors and clothes but people and things around make them to care a lot. 

My personal observation is that girls instinctively pick colours such as red, pink, purple and violets while boys pick blues, yellows, greens and orange colours. But I have also seen many parents refusing children the colors they like bcause of such gender stereo types. However more and more people are now giving up such stereotypes and letting the kids choose whatever they like. My own son, until he turned 6 used to like pink and red and I let him wear it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Neha Sadana wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

My personal observation is that girls instinctively pick colours such as red, pink, purple and violets while boys pick blues, yellows, greens and orange colours. But I have also seen many parents refusing children the colors they like bcause of such gender stereo types. However more and more people are now giving up such stereotypes and letting the kids choose whatever they like. My own son, until he turned 6 used to like pink and red and I let him wear it.

I say it's wise parenting. Children do have a territory of their own. Encroaching in to their territory is not Justified. Allow the flower to bloom without any restrictions. Otherwise it withers.

All said and done pink color suits girls far more than it does the boys. This could be a reasno for it getting a gender bias. But who prevents boys from wearing pink. If it suits them they can do so, but the reality will still be that pink suits girls more.

Let the boys or girl chose whatever they like without thinking about gender bias or any bias.

So let's close at this point that all colors are good for everyone and should not be considered good foe male or female.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.