Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Definitely. Experience and wisdom, if used in the right direction play a vital role in achieving the desired results.

Intelligence is the use of information in a way that better results can be produced. So a well read person will get only information, but an intelligent person can well use this information gained.

http://www.comparenshop.in

True. Being a well read person is not enough. Unless the intelligence gained through reading is applied to the real life conditions..

I am not sure if an intelligent person is well-read or a well- read person is intelligent.It all has something to do with the upper storey.The sharpness of the intellect one is born with that determines the product of assimilation of the essence of any book which it is impregnated with between its two covers.I firmly believe that meaning

always lies bewteen the lines of a book.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I am not sure if an intelligent person is well-read or a well- read person is intelligent.It all has something to do with the upper storey.The sharpness of the intellect one is born with that determines the product of assimilation of the essence of any book which it is impregnated with between its two covers.I firmly believe that meaning

To be frank, that was too complicated for me to understand in totality but what I could make out of it was that well-read and intelligence have no direct relations. But as usual I am open to correction if found totally unintelligent in this case.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Sunil

Have I made it that complicated? Let others judge it!

I am happy that you have got it right.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I agree, the meaning also lies in how it gets assimilated y the person, right ? Some go just by what is written but a more intelligent person might try to connect it to different things in life.. Even a small piece of information that may seem unimportant to others would be used to its maximum advantage by an intelligent person , or is that being street smart ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha

Yes,you have cracked the Da Vinci code! It is same set books which can peons out of PhDs and PhDs out of peons.The very same grammat,vocabulary which produce complexity in language like mine but

fluency and simplicity in some!

usha manohar wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I agree, the meaning also lies in how it gets assimilated y the person, right ? Some go just by what is written but a more intelligent person might try to connect it to different things in life.. Even a small piece of information that may seem unimportant to others would be used to its maximum advantage by an intelligent person , or is that being street smart ?

I would call that being a wise person for a well-read person can be an intelligent person or vice versa, but a person who is neither well-read nor intelligent but is able to take wise decisions according to his or own experiences and is able to act accordingly is much better than the aforementioned categories. A well read person may or may not be able to put into application what he has learned or read in books and an intelligent person may not possess the wisdom to be able to connect the dots, as you have put forth in your post. So what matters, according to me is, wisdom to apply things and process intelligence as more important.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ chinmoy, That was a fine example you gave ...In fact I wondered why a person who is able to complete his PHd should be so hard pressed for a job? and by the way very few can come up to your level with regard to the fluency and complexity of the English languageneutral_face.png I am learning all the time !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.