The topic is locked.

The company has cheated American air pollution tests by installing some software which senses when some emission test is going on and shows result much lower than actual. This software is installed in the vehicles issued between 2008 and 2015.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/22/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-volkswagen-scandal.html

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Though the emissions are shown that they are in the limits of permissible amount of pollution, during the tests, but in reality  emissions are10 to 40 times the legal amount while on the road. Earlier too Volkswagen was involved in a scandal of the same kind.

This has been the news since a couple of days ...However I feel that although a mistake has been made, VW and more so the Germans would never take it easy until a thorough investigation is done and the person/s responsible are brought to justice .Already all major European countries have stopped the sale of the new vehicles fitted with the software and are going ahead with their own investigations...We have to see how this develops !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) to start an investigation into the matter. . We have to wait till the results come on Volkswagen scandal

@Usha writes that a mistake has been made. This is not true. It was done deliberately to attain a higher mileage because meeting pollution norms would divert part power for absorbing pollutants in catalytic chambers and cause fall in mileage. It was misuse of technology and software was turned into malware. Germans  are very good at engineering and their automobiles are very good but when they want they can also cheat like other nationalities. The company will be fined very heavily and usually no one gets punished. Already the German CEO has resigned and has got a severance pay of $32 million plus further millions are in pipeline as retirement benefits. It is not at all a mistake!

Volkswagen admitted that they used Apps for tricking the emission test. Switzerland has temporarily halted VW diesel engine models. VW the biggest car maker in the world stooped down to cheat the people.

If we are able to detect such cars in India will the Indian govt impose heavy fines and punishments. Who has been punished or fined in the Maggie noodles issue? Already the company has started releasing advts to create a positive image of itself before launching the product again into the markets,

Exactly. Still now Maggie manufacturers roaming scot-free. Had the Indian government been  strict, VW would have got severest of the penalties. But we all know that such  strange things will not happen here.

vijay wrote:

@Usha writes that a mistake has been made. This is not true. It was done deliberately to attain a higher mileage because meeting pollution norms would divert part power for absorbing pollutants in catalytic chambers and cause fall in mileage. It was misuse of technology and software was turned into malware. Germans  are very good at engineering and their automobiles are very good but when they want they can also cheat like other nationalities. The company will be fined very heavily and usually no one gets punished. Already the German CEO has resigned and has got a severance pay of $32 million plus further millions are in pipeline as retirement benefits. It is not at all a mistake!

I agree it was a deliberate mistake by someone but I guess one is  not sure who all are involved and whether the German govt is aware at all..However, they have taken the moral responsibility for the deed and of course the costs are heavy , may even increase after all the investigations are conducted . It will no doubt dent their reputation , but with all that , no denying the fact they are one of the best in the world...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

VW is no doubt the best and also the biggest car maker in the world.

But VW admitted cheating on emissions tests in the US.

Switzerland already temporarily banned the sale of VW Diesel engine models

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34365794

I would like to hear from the manufacturers before going in a hot discussion. There are chances that this is a case of rivalry and nothing else. No reputed manufacturer will do a thing that is liable to be caught sooner than later. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.