Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You must see how many hours I'm putting up. moreover  I too disliked for my being on top for month after month. I fact I suggested in the recently held discussion started by Sunil. that if a member remains on the top for a month, other capable member should take over. Then this suggestion should be introduced immediately. I would be the happiest  person if such suggestion is implemented.

My suggestion to admin is no member will get the top slot twice in a row. His points will be retained which will count in monthly shares. As far repetition one has to be very careful as the moderators have decided to delete all such posts. 

I welcome it. No member should be on the top of the leader leader board consecutively in a row. Yes deletion of posts for being repetitive is justified. I'm in favor of any strict implementation measure to keep the sanctity of the Forums.

rambabu wrote:

I can recognize them.  Because of this I complained to the Moderators. And this Moderators also agreed with me and identified the concerned Point hunter.  It's easy to identify Point hunters. I can name them. Even another moderator too identified that particular point hunter. In ideal member adds more information than monotonous and stale stuff which is nothing but echo of other members.

I find it strange that all this took place according to you 2-3 months ago and the so called point hunter ( your words ) is no more active because you complained against him, for what did you complain ? We have had very little activity here since almost 6 months and the only person who is forever posting is yourself, so it makes me wonder who this so called point hunter is ? because I have not seen anyone responding to every comment here nor hogging most of the thread  ,,,may be you should name them so we all come to know and judge for ourselves because complaining without reason is very unfair on any member especially if he was someone who made valuable contribution to the site.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If I'm responding to max. Number of posts, that's due to my ability to spare time and capability to respond to the posts. It's good to introduce the rule that no member should win member of the week consecutively for two weeks in a row. Even then, I will not stop responding to the posts. Why should I name the point hunter ? Moderator who attended to my complaint is here. Let him say. I'm just an ordinary member here.

Because of this I complained to the Moderators. And this Moderators also agreed with me and identified the concerned Point hunter.  It's easy to identify Point hunters. I can name them. Even another moderator too identified that particular point hunter

Why should I name the point hunter ? Moderator who attended to my complaint is here. Let him say. I'm just an ordinary member here.

Because you yourself volunteered to name the person..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I named the person in the report i made to the moderators. That's enough.

One more point I would like to add ...

In an ideal discussion site members should give space to others and not let minor misunderstandings or mistakes made by other members become major issues . When we complain to the moderators we have to take many things into account - first of all whether we are in the right , since no one is perfect. 

Moderators on their part should take care to see that the complaints are valid , in fact make sure that the person who has complained has not done because he or she has some grudge against the member, which can easily happen with some members! It happened in the past and it may have happened again .But in the best interest of the site such things should never be encouraged. In fact I have always brought out my complaints if any on the open forum so that the other person has the opportunity to present his/her views , rather than go behind someones back and complain.

Discussion forums, during the course of discussions it is but natural to  generate some heated arguments. Instead of appeasing the situation with soft and convincing way, members create ugly scenes. This situation mars the very spirit if the forums. In this scenario Moderators have an important role in bringing back the situation to normalcy. Anyhow it all amounts to Teamwork. Both members and Moderators work in tandem and keep the Discussion forum clean and blemish less.

The air is too thick with acrimony and anger to venture into giving a rational way out.I personally believe that  any friction retards progress.The moment for reflection and introspection has arrived. Life is too short to be squandered away over small things.The biggest problem the world has met is from small people with bigger egos.I hope I am able to put my thoughts across to you all!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Yes Chinmoy. You  put your thoughts in a right  and lucid way. Ego plays the spoilsport in such conditions erasing all the rationality in us. It's high to bid farewell to such ego related problems and maintain the sanctity of these forums.

rambabu wrote:

If I'm responding to max. Number of posts, that's due to my ability to spare time and capability to respond to the posts. It's good to introduce the rule that no member should win member of the week consecutively for two weeks in a row. Even then, I will not stop responding to the posts. Why should I name the point hunter ? Moderator who attended to my complaint is here. Let him say. I'm just an ordinary member here.

You are an ordinary member but yet regarded as prominent and senior.  It is okay to write more posts but with the rider that these should add some new viewpoint not already given. Also there should be no post just to express agreement with some other member. If you agree with some one, just give 'thank you' of 'like'  without writing anything.  This is more a matter of self discipline. It is not pleasant that  moderators interfere every now and then. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee, Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.