Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Awareness is no doubt spreading but not as swiftly as is required ! By taking the proper measures ,we probably will be able to slow down the calamity but not avert it completely. That's what I perceived . It is sad to think how greedy human beings have become and also stupid not realising that they have been kicking a gift horse in the  mouth ! Nature is so generous and giving without expecting anything back ..No wonder we have messed up things so badly , so much so that we are having all sorts of negative impact which is bound to get worse if things continue in the same fashion..

True we have messed up terribly. Also there seems to be no awakening, the ever increasing sale of vehicles is proof that people simply do not wish to slow down for the sake of this earth and for humanity. True, there are efforts being taken to remedy the situation but the magnitude of destruction and damage is too big in proportion!

Yes increasing vehicles on roads is also problem. In these days school students are using bikes. Their parents don't understand that how is using cycle is good for health of their children. There is no shortage of idiots, one of my neighbor blasting bombs, the sound of these are enough to disturb my TV signals. How sound of these bombs are badly affecting enviornment.

Noise pollution is one of the worst problems we have in India along with of course other pollutants. Thankfully I have seen a great awareness among people in my town and we have just 25% of the usual noise that is associated with Deepavali. No doubt you want to light some fireworks but the noisy ones are so disturbing..I see much less noise this year and I am glad about it.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Who is willing to surrender his/her vehicle to reduce pollution may raise his/her hand.

vijay wrote:

Who is willing to surrender his/her vehicle to reduce pollution may raise his/her hand.

That's a tall order but 'No car days' once a week as started in Gurgaon is a good initiative. Even if not enforced by a state, one can do it as a responsible citizen and use alternative transport once a week. That would reduce the emission of harmful gases to a great extent!

Lopamudra wrote:
vijay wrote:

That's a tall order but 'No car days' once a week as started in Gurgaon is a good initiative. Even if not enforced by a state, one can do it as a responsible citizen and use alternative transport once a week. That would reduce the emission of harmful gases to a great extent!

That is a good initiative which has been started in many companies in Pune too. Apart from that, many companies encourage their employees to start and maintain carpools. Many others have now, of their own accord, started using bicycles to commute to work.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:
vijay wrote:

That is a good initiative which has been started in many companies in Pune too. Apart from that, many companies encourage their employees to start and maintain carpools. Many others have now, of their own accord, started using bicycles to commute to work.

Many of the private companies have buses that pick up their employees , which is an excellent initiative, also car pooling really helps. Now with the increased number of privately owned vehicles all cities large, medium or small and the roads are packed to capacity , during most time of the day ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

Surrender ? No you mistook it. It's  sharing the vehicle. People who reside in the same locality and having a common destination can take out their vehicle once in 3 days or a week as the case may be. It reduces the traffic congestion conservation of petrol as well as  atmospheric pollution.

rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

Surrender ? No you mistook it. It's  sharing the vehicle. People who reside in the same locality and having a common destination can take out their vehicle once in 3 days or a week as the case may be. It reduces the traffic congestion conservation of petrol as well as  atmospheric pollution.

No need to say others to surrender his/her vehicles. Start from you. If some one children are going school or college on bikes stop this practice and suggest them to use cycles. If school or college is far away then use school vehicles.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Awareness is no doubt spreading but not as swiftly as is required ! By taking the proper measures ,we probably will be able to slow down the calamity but not avert it completely. That's what I perceived . It is sad to think how greedy human beings have become and also stupid not realising that they have been kicking a gift horse in the  mouth ! Nature is so generous and giving without expecting anything back ..No wonder we have messed up things so badly , so much so that we are having all sorts of negative impact which is bound to get worse if things continue in the same fashion..

True we have messed up terribly. Also there seems to be no awakening, the ever increasing sale of vehicles is proof that people simply do not wish to slow down for the sake of this earth and for humanity. True, there are efforts being taken to remedy the situation but the magnitude of destruction and damage is too big in proportion!

Yes increasing vehicles on roads is also problem. In these days school students are using bikes. Their parents don't understand that how is using cycle is good for health of their children. There is no shortage of idiots, one of my neighbor blasting bombs, the sound of these are enough to disturb my TV signals. How sound of these bombs are badly affecting enviornment.

Noise pollution is one of the worst problems we have in India along with of course other pollutants. Thankfully I have seen a great awareness among people in my town and we have just 25% of the usual noise that is associated with Deepavali. No doubt you want to light some fireworks but the noisy ones are so disturbing..I see much less noise this year and I am glad about it.

Congratulation, peoples of your city are sensible. fireworks which produced loud voice in banned but who care about banned. From last four days, I feeling vibration in my house. I am deaf but I am ill at ease. Think how is loud voice of these bombs.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Congratulation, peoples of your city are sensible. fireworks which produced loud voice in banned but who care about banned. From last four days, I feeling vibration in my house. I am deaf but I am ill at ease. Think how is loud voice of these bombs.

I can understand. Even  though you are deaf you can feel the sound waves creating vibrations. These vibrations are enough to create a sort of restlessness.

anil wrote:

I can understand how you must be feeling...My mother lost hearing in her right ear 6 years ago when a firecracker thrown from the next compound by some youngsters fell next to her with a shattering sound , while she was sitting on a chair in her garden and resting in the afternoon. She woke up with a shock when it went off with a loud bang and her ears were vibrating and very painful ...She is now 80% deaf in that ear and uses a hearing aid ! People are very irresponsible in India and with the kind of Chalta hai attitude we have developed  over the years, people have become utterly selfish and have absolutely no civic sense or social awareness !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.