Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Dadri event needed investigation and the victims needed sympathy and action. So leaders went there. The awards have been returned by authors, film persons and scientists as a token of protests against killing of rationalists, authors and growing tolerance against religious minorities. There appears no sense in linking this to casualties on border in enemny action.   

More than the incidents being linked, it is the approach taken by politicians and the protesters that's being questioned. They gain nothing by going to the last rites of the Martyr so they don't bother. The Dadri incident was undoubtedly tragic and should be condemned but the response was more to show the present govt in poor light than to actually sympathize with the victim. Statistics show that religious intolerance has actually decreased compared to what it was in the 80s/90s.

You are right Religious intolerance has decreased among young people but it continues among elderly and politicians. It also is an indicator that economy is doing good for people have less time for such activities.

I think vote bank politics will be always there. Most of political parties have their own choice of permutations and combinations to work it out and some times it fails to achieve success results and some other time not. During general election in the phase of Bihar and UP such comments get votes for BJP if I am right but now it is total opposite. Political mood of people is completely dynamic element and the way it should tilt no one could ever predict. It is the experience in political field that should matters and even successful political persons lose miserably. What it surprises the most emergence of RJD as number one party in Bihar even toppling Nitish Kumar.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Politicians always love to have some scoop so they are always found there where some controversy may take place. They are never for any serious and reasonable cause. 

shampasaid

mohan manohar wrote:

I think vote bank politics will be always there. Most of political parties have their own choice of permutations and combinations to work it out and some times it fails to achieve success results and some other time not. During general election in the phase of Bihar and UP such comments get votes for BJP if I am right but now it is total opposite. Political mood of people is completely dynamic element and the way it should tilt no one could ever predict. It is the experience in political field that should matters and even successful political persons lose miserably. What it surprises the most emergence of RJD as number one party in Bihar even toppling Nitish Kumar.

I agree with you. Vote bank politics were there and continue to be there as long as the politics are there. But vote bank politics doesn't mean demeaning  other political parties.

mohan manohar wrote:

Public memory is short and people forget quickly even when it is a person like Lalu who sweet talked like a comedian and drained the Bihar economy through his stupidity and greed ! It is also because of the public who are mostly uneducated and ill informed when it comes to their own rights and Lalu has manipulated this to the maximum extent.I also blame BJP for a campaign that was definitely not helping them. They should have learnt a few lessons in public manipulation from Lalu and Nitish , although Nitish Kumar is a good leader and along with BJP did a good job in Bihar.But now with Lalu and RJD, One can never be sure 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nitish will be blackmailed BY Lalu . This is for sure. Bihari electorate are least educated with a herd mentality. All this contributed to  thumping success for Nitish.

Vote bank policy will definitely stay because that's the source through which the politicians play all their politics or it will be better to say they play all the dirty tricks. If this ends then their bread and butter will be at stake.

shampasaid

Yes. Vote Bank policy is the tool, politicians use to please and lure minorities. Politicians without Vote Bank, cannot realize their dream of staying in power.

usha manohar wrote:

When Dadri incident happened and a person died, all the so called secular minister went their to please their vote bank. But when Colonel Mahadik died fighting against terrorist in J&K, non of the secular minister went to salute the great army man. The award wapsi team is also silent, all scientists, writers, historians keep quite.

In our country secularism is a card used by communal parties on a selective basis...The secular card comes out pretty fast when a minority group is involved . This goes to show how communal almost all the political parties have become

Colonel was a Hindu and Hindu is not vote bank for politicians. If Hindus shows unity then it is said that these are zealots.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.