Bellur Krisnamachar Sunderraj Iyengar, the Yoga exponent, took the Yoga to the western countries. If today Yoga is practised in more than 70 countries, it's due to B.K.S Iyengar.

Here is a beautiful collection of Iyengar's quotes on Yoga along with mind boggling Yoga postures.

http://indianexpress.com/photos/lifestyle-gallery/bks-iyengar-he-inspired-through-his-yoga-and-his-words/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

He was of course a legend in his life time ! Born in Kolar in Karnataka to a very traditional family he was apparently a sickly child and later at the advise of his brother in law began to practice yoga ...went to on to love a healthy and long life until he breathed his last at 95 years of age last year ! I have attended a couple of his Yoga classes where he stresses that Yoga has to be combined with other lifestyle practices and exercise routines to develop the required immunity and levels of energy ..He has been awarded many of the Padma awards in his life time !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I'm not that Lucky. I had to be content with his TV shows only. I well never miss a programme on TV by anybody besides BKS Iyengar.

Yopgacharya Iyengar has done an indeed tremendous and marvellous job of taking Yoga across the world. Right now, to celebrate his birth anniversary this month, B.K.S. Iyengar Yoga Institute in Pune, which is very close to our art gallery where I work in the mornings, is hosting a special camp for Yoga teachers from all over the world and there are nearabouts 1200 such teachers who are participating in it currently. We get to meet many of them regularly and the difference that the Great Acharya has made to their lives, shows in their each expression and gesture. A true ambassador of Indian tradition and culture.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu

B.K.S Iyengar is a phenomenon. He is the founder of the style known as Iyengar Yoga. He has written many books like Light on Yoga, Light on Pranayama to name a few. The Indian government has conferred Padma Vibhushan on B.K.S. Iyengar. He has been credited with popularizing yoga not only in India but in the western countries too.

I don't know about BKS lyengar. Here in north Baba Ram dev is popular one for yoga. No doubt all these are ambassador of yoga.

anil wrote:

I don't know about BKS lyengar. Here in north Baba Ram dev is popular one for yoga. No doubt all these are ambassador of yoga.

Yoga Guru B.K.S. Iyengar is a Yoga expert highly regarded and respected in more than 70 countries all over the world. Besides Iyengar has written many Books on Yoga. He is the founder of Iyengar Yoga which enjoys the patronage of  innumerable Yoga practitioners all over the World.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Yoga Guru B.K.S. Iyengar is a Yoga expert highly regarded and respected in more than 70 countries all over the world. Besides Iyengar has written many Books on Yoga. He is the founder of Iyengar Yoga which enjoys the patronage of  innumerable Yoga practitioners all over the World.

Thanks for sharing information about Yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar. How yoga of Iyengar is differ from yoga of Pantjali.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Thanks for sharing information about Yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar. How yoga of Iyengar is differ from yoga of Pantjali.

Iyengar Yoga focuses on Asana and Pranayama explores the the eight limbs or Asthanga Yoga of Patanjali Yoga

rambabu wrote:

I'm not that Lucky. I had to be content with his TV shows only. I well never miss a programme on TV by anybody besides BKS Iyengar.

i am also not too lucky because i never seen his tv shows and i came known about him through this website but yesterday i watched his videos in internet and now i can say he is truely a legend in the field of yoga

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
rambabu wrote:

i am also not too lucky because i never seen his tv shows and i came known about him through this website but yesterday i watched his videos in internet and now i can say he is truely a legend in the field of yoga

You can know more about Yoga legend Iyengar through Videos. You can bookmark them and watch at your own time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVIbEEJcaSo

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.