Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Cow was elevated to divinity in the Rig Veda. Indian society has addressed the Cow as Gowmata. Thousands of names in our country are cow related. Cow is well known as Annapoorna. In the year 2003, the National Commission on cattle under justice G.M Lodha submitted to the NDA government. The report said clearly said  stringent laws should be implemented i order to protect Cow in the interests of rural economy.

During the first war of independence in 1857, Bahadur Shah was installed as emperor by the Hindus in Delhi. His Hindu Prime Minister, on the proclamation of the Emperor Cow Killing as a  Capital offense.

Unfortunately in the present days, we are witnessing cows are being neglected and left in the streets leading to Road accidents. These pathetic conditions are to removed first by the Present Government.

Here is an interesting article by Subramanian Swamy.

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/importance_of_the_cow_in_vedic_culture.htm

First thing banned of beef or pork is not possible in India. Cow is not only important for rural economy it is important for whole country. The future is of organic farming and with cow ( Indian cow ) it is not possible. Cows are neglecting it is right but cause behaind it is cows of alien breeds. Second thing cows which are watching on roads are not cows they are ox. Alien breeds ox is not useful animal. 

@Anil arguments in favor of cows are confusing and not convincing.

vijay wrote:

Write your confusion I will clear it.

I wonder, how some people make statements related to cow slaughter and the relationship between cow and Hindu religion. Even a child knows how cow is venerated. That, cow is neglected and left on the roads is altogether a different issue.

If Cow is being worshiped , as is being argued here , it is the duty of the individuals or the society to care for it even when it is not useful to the person anymore or when it is old and needs to be looked after. A society like ours is all talk about duty and high morals but when it comes to action it is a big zero. So, ban or no ban should be done according to the needs of the society rather than bring in lame arguments about our great heritage and cow worship, which sounds ridiculous with context to a selfish society like ours ! We dont even respect and look after our elders as they should be ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Swamy Dayananda Saraswati, of Arya Samaj. The Arya Samaj travelled all over India stressing on the importance of Cow. Arya Samaj is against cow slaughter.

Ashram Goshala is located in Bangalore. Its Mission is to protect cow  from slaughtering

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

Write your confusion I will clear it.

Whatever is written by you so far is confusing. Also see @Usha's comments which may clear your confusion to some extent. I am not confused.

From what I know, anil is not rigid in his views and he is probably saying that  a ban is what most people want for more practical reasons ! 

People have different reasons for wanting a ban on cow slaughter - one of my friends , a catholic whose family loves to having their Sunday Roast Beef and Pork is all for the ban because according to her, the quality of beef you get here is very bad because cows are not bred for meat but slaughtered only when they have lost their usefulness in every way when they are old . She feels if there is a ban, the government might make alternative arrangements for beef eaters by importing beef from other countries where the quality of the beef will be better !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

From what I know, anil is not rigid in his views and he is probably saying that  a ban is what most people want for more practical reasons ! 

People have different reasons for wanting a ban on cow slaughter - one of my friends , a catholic whose family loves to having their Sunday Roast Beef and Pork is all for the ban because according to her, the quality of beef you get here is very bad because cows are not bred for meat but slaughtered only when they have lost their usefulness in every way when they are old . She feels if there is a ban, the government might make alternative arrangements for beef eaters by importing beef from other countries where the quality of the beef will be better !

Yes it is right that cow which are send to slaughter house have many diseased, they eat polythens.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes it is right that cow which are send to slaughter house have many diseased, they eat polythens.

When a cow stops yielding milk, people generally leave it. Because these abandoned cows are useless, the expenditure on its fodder is a burden. But, there are many Cow caring centers in India, which take care of such abandoned cattle, instead of sending them to slaughter houses. As regards the importing of Beef by Government for beef lovers it is not possible as most of the states barring very few banned Cow slaughter.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.