The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:On the streets of Delhi I saw some signboards stating that 14th Feb should not be celebrated as Valentine's Day rather be celebrated as Matri-Pitri Pujon Diwas. To me it is hilarious as well as ridiculous. I am sure those who put up such a suggestion are not paying due respect to their parents on the regular basis and that's why such a fake suggestion.
I have seen some suggestions made by a few religious Gurus, to celebrate Valentine's day as " Prem Divas. "
Thank God it's at least Prem Diwas but not Matri-Pitri Pujan Diwas
Ah! you are talking about Bapu ji, I also saw some banner in my city about celebration of Matra-Pitri Pujan Diwas. How Indian and blind have blind faith.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:On the streets of Delhi I saw some signboards stating that 14th Feb should not be celebrated as Valentine's Day rather be celebrated as Matri-Pitri Pujon Diwas. To me it is hilarious as well as ridiculous. I am sure those who put up such a suggestion are not paying due respect to their parents on the regular basis and that's why such a fake suggestion.
I have seen some suggestions made by a few religious Gurus, to celebrate Valentine's day as " Prem Divas. "

Its good to hear that their are some people who respect the importance of valentine day in our society. the only thing which valentine taught us is that to spread love, whether it is between a boyfriend and girlfriend or between a mother and  her son/daughter. valentine day mean love with full respect.

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Its good to hear that their are some people who respect the importance of valentine day in our society. the only thing which valentine taught us is that to spread love, whether it is between a boyfriend and girlfriend or between a mother and  her son/daughter. valentine day mean love with full respect.

I am a big supporter of love  in all its manifestations, but why do we chose St Valentine ? I am sure 99% of the Indians  don't know who St Valentine was. Why can\t we have a  Indian Love day taken from our rich heritage that includes Vatsayana.

MG Singh wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am a big supporter of love  in all its manifestations, but why do we chose St Valentine ? I am sure 99% of the Indians  don't know who St Valentine was. Why can\t we have a  Indian Love day taken from our rich heritage that includes Vatsayana.

Exactly. We the Indians ape a western Love festival as if there are no other festivals in Hinduism to exhibit love. Is it necessary for a separate day to show and shower love, when love can be shown  every day ? You are right there are many festivals in Hinduism itself related to love.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Exactly. We the Indians ape a western Love festival as if there are no other festivals in Hinduism to exhibit love. Is it necessary for a separate day to show and shower love, when love can be shown  every day ? You are right there are many festivals in Hinduism itself related to love.

yeah why to follow others we should set an example of love to our close one whom we love more than our life 

bhuyali saroj

Change is an essential part of life,if we can ape western style of dressing, speaking , even their style of toilets and many other things why not Valentines day? ...I dont see anything wrong with it as long as it is kept withing limits and remains personal ! However, some business oriented people have found this a  great opportunity to further their business ventures LOL..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I'm not against Valentine Day celebrations. This view I expressed in my previous posts in the same discussion. The point I want to drive home is that, Martyr Bhagat Singh should also  be remembered, who was martyred on Feb 14 . There is one reason that I dislike in the Valentine's Day celebrations is Public display of love. Such acts will influence youth in a bad way.

rambabu wrote:

I'm not against Valentine Day celebrations. This view I expressed in my previous posts in the same discussion. The point I want to drive home is that, Martyr Bhagat Singh should also  be remembered, who was martyred on Feb 14 . There is one reason that I dislike in the Valentine's Day celebrations is Public display of love. Such acts will influence youth in a bad way.

The issue is that 14th February has nothing to do with Bhagat singh. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

usha manohar wrote:

Change is an essential part of life,if we can ape western style of dressing, speaking , even their style of toilets and many other things why not Valentines day? ...I dont see anything wrong with it as long as it is kept withing limits and remains personal ! However, some business oriented people have found this a  great opportunity to further their business ventures LOL..

Not only this much but I think according to some we need to follow our own calendar and not the English one. Celebration is not a must so what is the problem. You are very right to point out that a business sector is making huge profit so they would if Indians come up with any other kind of celebration too. It is just a mark of globalisation and nothing else. If we are so much against the western culture then first thing we should do is that we should stop allowing our children sending abroad for jobs. We take pride in saying my so and so is in America and so on but, why? We need to be very Swadeshi (nationalist) in every aspect.

shampasaid

Once we want all the benefits that globalisation offers us we should be prepared to assimilate other influences too which are western, it would be the same with them. In fact it is good thing to know and be a part of all cultures . Indian identity and its uniqueness will never diminish if people remain balanced rather than go overboard..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.