Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I know, the existence of Flogging in the Army act to curb offenses. I have a doubt can Flogging be made applicable to Civilian spheres too ? I'm not sure. Please clarify.

Presently, there is no flogging in army Act. There is provision for rigorous imprisonment and physical exercise as punishment e.g. running with load on back (also called pithoo parade).

I favor flogging as punishment. This is indeed effective.  This may also be useful for removing addiction from intoxicants and wine.  

Thanks for clarification. But, I wanted to know if flogging can be introduced in to the Indian Criminal code as a punishment for law offenders. 

It depends on wisdom of the members of parliament. If majority decides introduction of flogging as a punishment, the can modify Indian Penal Code. 

It can be passed, but the entire Indian approach is so lax, that it will require a iron will, which is sadly lacking

We cannot Have the Cake and eat it too. Either India should stick to its principle

" Ahimso Paramo Dharmaha " and allow the anti national activities or deal with these anti national activities with an Iron fist.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I know, the existence of Flogging in the Army act to curb offenses. I have a doubt can Flogging be made applicable to Civilian spheres too ? I'm not sure. Please clarify.

Presently, there is no flogging in army Act. There is provision for rigorous imprisonment and physical exercise as punishment e.g. running with load on back (also called pithoo parade).

I favor flogging as punishment. This is indeed effective.  This may also be useful for removing addiction from intoxicants and wine.  

Thanks for clarification. But, I wanted to know if flogging can be introduced in to the Indian Criminal code as a punishment for law offenders. 

It depends on wisdom of the members of parliament. If majority decides introduction of flogging as a punishment, the can modify Indian Penal Code. 

It can be passed, but the entire Indian approach is so lax, that it will require a iron will, which is sadly lacking

We cannot Have the Cake and eat it too. Either India should stick to its principle

" Ahimso Paramo Dharmaha " and allow the anti national activities or deal with these anti national activities with an Iron fist.

Non violence (Ahimsa) is about citizens' attitude and behavior. Punishment is not negation of non violence.  Punishment is for violation of law or rules and is subject to prescribed procedure/. This is not violence.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Non violence (Ahimsa) is about citizens' attitude and behavior. Punishment is not negation of non violence.  Punishment is for violation of law or rules and is subject to prescribed procedure/. This is not violence.  

When Ahimsa is Majority peoples attitude in this country, it automatically becomes the policy of the Government. Himsa is violence. Ahimsa is non violence. It is what exactly is happening between India and Pakistan that is Violence across the borders. With this policy, Violence or you can say WAR hostilities cannot be solved. The country needs an iron fist to deal with the perpetrators of Violence.

Flogging is an inhumane activity that a person or persons can do to another. Flogging is the act of beating the human body with some special instruments. Rods, lashes, straps, sticks, whips etc are some of the instruments for flogging. We cannot see such punishment now a days in our country. But some countries are still follow such cruel activities to maintain discipline. 

Jincy Aby wrote:

Flogging is an inhumane activity that a person or persons can do to another. Flogging is the act of beating the human body with some special instruments. Rods, lashes, straps, sticks, whips etc are some of the instruments for flogging. We cannot see such punishment now a days in our country. But some countries are still follow such cruel activities to maintain discipline.

The old saying, " spare the rod and spoil the child' holds true. Perhaps a spell of flogging may do the trick for India. 

It is a retrograde suggestion to introduce flogging. Next it will be chopping of hands!! Please let us not  go back in time.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Flogging of civilians is accepted in nearly 3 dozen countries and some of them like Singapore are developed nations. I remember reading that when General Ayub seized power in Pakistan he introduced flogging for civilians for specific crimes. So long martial law remained in Pakistan this provision remained on statute books. In Singapore this punishment is for petty crimes like theft and littering the place and a doctor is present. Insulting the Singapore flag merits  6 lashes.

flogging means physical torchar, it violence. I am not in favor of it.

vijay wrote:

It is a retrograde suggestion to introduce flogging. Next it will be chopping of hands!! Please let us not  go back in time.

Flogging if administered under proper medical supervision is a good punishment. This does not make anybody suffer body injury for life. Chopping of hands is very different. This will make one handicapped for life. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

People should not confuse lashing with punishments specified in the Sharia like chopping of hands and  hands. This is a simple punishment and was also poplar in public schools at one time. I was canned on my  buttocks  and had red weals by my master an English man at Stanes.

Flogging is not the answer to todays misdeeds. It shows inability to accept modern diverse thoughts even if they go against one's strong held beliefs . Rational disvussion is the answer. Is India so fragile that if ten students shout anti India slogsns it will break. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.