The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

True Chinmoy. The main reason is lack of variety in topics. Earlier, we had topics related to Movies, Word scrambling, Health, sports to name a few. Today most of the topics are related to politics. Of course  absence of Reward based competitions is also a major reason that contributed to Boredom and monotony.

rambabu wrote:

True Chinmoy. The main reason is lack of variety in topics. Earlier, we had topics related to Movies, Word scrambling, Health, sports to name a few. Today most of the topics are related to politics. Of course  absence of Reward based competitions is also a major reason that contributed to Boredom and monotony.

Yes sir you are 100% right, these days mostly every topic are related on politics

bhuyali saroj

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

Boddunan boring or its forum? I think the absence of variety in topics is pronounced these days. We have the same topic disguised under different titles discussed all over again! It is quite true that in earlier times there were quite a few reward- based competitions attracting greater participation and generating a lot of interest among members. The spirit of forum was also warm. I wish better days for our site!!

Hi Chinmoy ! what stops you from starting all the topics you have mentioned should be there ?

@MG

The first and last thing that comes my way is my ability! I a dull prose writer and a pathetically struggling poet. Both deficient in imagination and creativity!! Yet I tried in the past,just leaf through past threads. Now you people have to excuse yours truly by helping yourselves. You are quite capable and I believe

it,trust me!! 

vijay wrote:

The quality of posts should also be taken into consideration. Answering every post, passing harsh remarks on persons who cannot defend themselves on the forum like saying someone is a terrorist ad should be whipped or abusing a  particular community should be discouraged and not rewarded. Some system can be worked out. Moderators should act neutral and not be  seen outdoing members in negativity. 

There are forum rules that nobody should post any remark insulting to others. A moderator may sometimes take action. But if some members continue breach of forum rules and even some moderator indulges, there is no way decency can come to forum. Moreover now there is neither revenue sharing nor moderator bonus. So there is also no incentive for moderators. 

Now it seems that there is free for all. so you write what you like irrespective of quality and desirability of content. In view of overall environment in the country, this is not so bizarre. If TV channels can telecast anything including lectures by fake baabaas, propagate superstitions, doctored videos and lies, what is wrong if this site also follows suit. 

So, if somebody is happy with and finds the site interesting, well. Also, one may try to make this interesting by own contribution. It is possible to bring new topics. Sarala says she used to write articles and also in forums. she can still write articles and earn on that. However now there is no financial benefit in forums. This is administrative matter and we can do nothing. I suggest that if your main object is to earn, just write articles and forget the rest of the site. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
vijay wrote:

The quality of posts should also be taken into consideration. Answering every post, passing harsh remarks on persons who cannot defend themselves on the forum like saying someone is a terrorist ad should be whipped or abusing a  particular community should be discouraged and not rewarded. Some system can be worked out. Moderators should act neutral and not be  seen outdoing members in negativity. 

There are forum rules that nobody should post any remark insulting to others. A moderator may sometimes take action. But if some members continue breach of forum rules and even some moderator indulges, there is no way decency can come to forum. Moreover now there is neither revenue sharing nor moderator bonus. So there is also no incentive for moderators. 

Now it seems that there is free for all. so you write what you like irrespective of quality and desirability of content. In view of overall environment in the country, this is not so bizarre. If TV channels can telecast anything including lectures by fake baabaas, propagate superstitions, doctored videos and lies, what is wrong if this site also follows suit. 

So, if somebody is happy with and finds the site interesting, well. Also, one may try to make this interesting by own contribution. It is possible to bring new topics. Sarala says she used to write articles and also in forums. she can still write articles and earn on that. However now there is no financial benefit in forums. This is administrative matter and we can do nothing. I suggest that if your main object is to earn, just write articles and forget the rest of the site. 

I think that is a good comment. Writing articles is also a great form of self expression

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The one thing that I would definitely like to be re introduced here is the article writing contest , and forum writing contest like we used to have earlier ,which I am sure will perk up the entire forum.. It would also be nice to have some incentives to new members like extra points when they sign up if they make forum post or submit an article ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

If a member has lot of time is it a crime ? It's a question of convenience. One can always suggest what are the other points to be taken in to consideration for becoming a weekly leader.

Nobody is going to criticize you. Each member of this site has equal rights and they can contribute their knowledge as possible as they can. We all always appreciate your activeness. But I feel bad when some active members receive only Rs.10. They deserve more than that.

usha manohar wrote:

The weekly leader is selected only because of points , no other consideration ! The said member has enough time on hand and can post almost the entire day, which most of us cannot do...I agree that there shd be a rota system so that others get a chance too , or else it is demotivating especially when you work hard on your posts !

Some changes are must in Boddunan especially to motivate other active members. Provide some opportunities to earn money is the best way to motivate them. 

MG Singh wrote:

I am most surprised to read Boddunan is boring. I find it an interesting site, more than Hubpages, where I also write. In fact article writing on boddunan is both a challenge and a pleasure. I should know because I wrote off and on on some 40 sites including academiaresearch.com

Boddunan is one of the best sites for writing articles. Members who have lots of free time can spend their time to write quality articles. But it is not possible for ladies especially after marriage. Most of the time they are busy with family and children. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.