Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It may be outlandish for some and reality for the poor villagers who are deprived of water because a few people want to sit in font of TV and watch a game that means little to the majority of the poorer section...

As far as crazy love for game goes, when people have enough time to sit in front of the comp and tv 24/7, it is a way to kill time...A real sports person and lover of sports will be a responsible citizen as well, not a selfish one only interested in his or her own fun and enjoyment which is what cricket has become now..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If Anything  can be connected to anything, then spending time on the forum is also criminal when vilagers do notil have water etc.let there be some   rationality in arguments . Negativity should have some limits. 

That's an opinion expressed by another. If one is not convinced with the reason, it's  better to be  away from the discussion.

rambabu wrote:

That's an opinion expressed by another. If one is not convinced with the reason, it's  better to be  away from the discussion.

Who is stopping you, you can be away ..

Thankfully the courts are much more caring than crazy cricket lovers..This is the sum total of support given through change.org , collecting 50,000 votes ,including mine against the circus that IPL has become

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/by-coming-down-heavily-on-bcci-for-holding-ipl-in-drought-hit-maharashtra-high-court-has-shown-it-cares-2717166.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

For me IPL is not a circus, but an amusement that makes me float on Cloud nine.

very simple because we like to see fights and strength of human when he is hitting six's 

bhuyali saroj

Cricket is a  Game. People love it for its excitement and thrill.But, if such games are conducted expending astronomical sums and wasting precious water, putting the common people to hardships are not excusable. Better, if somebody resorts to Street Cricket, which doesn't involve a penny of expenditure.

usha manohar wrote:

I wish the youngsters spent more time playing rather than watching hich is why we see obesity , diabetes and many their ailments among the student crowd. In their exaggerated interest in watching a game they also lose their social and civic sense which is evident in some of comments I read on the on going controversy about the IPL matches being played in Maharashtra where 75,000 liters of water is being used to keep the lawns green every single day .On the other hand farmers ,villagers and people from smaller towns wait for hours together to get just a pot of water. ..I am all for banning such money spinning matches that do nothing for people or our economy except fill the pockets of a few and make idiots of our young crowd ..

Exactly my sentiments, cricket in my opinion, is a rather mindless game where unnecessarily huge amounts of money is wasted, and hundreds and thousands of people waste time watching a handful earn millions of dollars of money. Especially the children who should be playing other more fun games where both brains and stamina are tested, instead waste time playing cricket where more often than not, culminates in violent fights!

Also, some people, may feel that banning IPL may not improve conditions of drought-affected villages, but what is significant is that a strong message is passed to the people across the country that people are more important than cheap IPL shows, which is more important and relevant to me. Water saved from stadiums may not reach the drought-affected people, but the message that our priorities should be different does get across to some people at least.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I am a cricket lover of any form but dead against of giving all my time to the game. When I am free I definitely enjoy watching cricket but I am not insensitive. Loving a game does not mean one has to be insensitive towards countrymen. If the time calls for cancellation of this year's game then it should be done because people are dying due to scarcity of water but side by side I will once again draw the member's attention towards the misuse of water by the ministers. Shouldn't the court intervene when water is misused for watering helipad? IPl is also a source of income which enables many to have a quality living, not talking about reputed cricketers, rather talking about newcomers, groundsmen and so on. So, it can be made a system that from everyone's earning an amount can be deducted as donation and use it for digging a well and other kind of help can be extended.    

shampasaid

well i think that this 20-20 format making other people more crazy about cricket and i think that people who were not fan of cricket in the past, they are also having a good time in seeing cricket at home so cricket fans are increasing day by day because of its fast result and attack. 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.