Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Judicial Backlog , shortage of staff, heavy dependence on paper work, Corruption in the Judiciary itself are some factors, likely to stay, I don't know how long. But, a little effort on part of our Government can go a long way in rectifying though not all, some of the problems faced by our judiciary today

usha manohar wrote:

I am told that there is a time limit for cases in high courts , which is 18 months. But this rule is hardly followed by the large majority of the people involved. It is not just the judges or advocates but people involved  themselves who often delay the cases. This added with the court holidays and study tour of the lawyers and judges makes the matter worse !

I am listening first time about the time limit. It is right that peoples also don't want that case is decided. Any person, specialy crimenal case, get any decision against him in lower court and he/she submitte appeal in upper court, always wants that case never decided.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I am told that there is a time limit for cases in high courts , which is 18 months. But this rule is hardly followed by the large majority of the people involved. It is not just the judges or advocates but people involved  themselves who often delay the cases. This added with the court holidays and study tour of the lawyers and judges makes the matter worse !

I am listening first time about the time limit. It is right that peoples also don't want that case is decided. Any person, specialy crimenal case, get any decision against him in lower court and he/she submitte appeal in upper court, always wants that case never decided.

Dragging the case for years on will be beneficial to some people. In this respect, Lawyers are also responsible.  In a Land grabbing case of a Landlord relation of mine, I heard my friend asking the Lawyer to manipulate and twist the matters in such a manner that the case runs for years and years.In this process, the Key witnesses died and ultimately, , my friend succeeded in grabbing the land. Now on this land, my friend built a multi million worth flats in vizag.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is definitely a time limit which is never followed because no one questions it. Since everyone wants to delay the process it goes on for years together. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now, the Union Govt, realized the importance of sprucing up the antiquated Indian Legal system. For this to achieve, the Govt has initiated measures. It has decided to rewrite and streamlining 3000,odd Central laws. It takes time.

When CJI Thakur broke down in front of Mr Modi saying that since 1987 nothing worthwhile has been done, it shows how little has been done to the legal system so far..The previous government was patting its back but now with all worms in the can coming out one after the other they seem to have lost steam and give contradictory face saving statements !

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/teary-cji-laments-over-governments-inaction-to-increase-the-number-of-judges/1/650301.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Law Commission recommended to increase the number of Judges as early as 1987.. That was the Congress regime.. But the Congress has done nothing precious to increase the number of Judges to decrease the weight on the Judiciary and pending of cases. Seeing the Judge to people ratio, a parliamentary related Standing Committee recommended an increase in Ratio 50 from 10. Now, the PM , Narendra Modi felt the dire necessity to overhaul Judiciary system assured the Judges to do the needful.

Now of curse it is easy for the opposition to criticise that it is the fault of the present government like they have done with all other issues. However, it will take quite sometime for the law minister to bring in fresh faces..

If the judge has not broken down even Modi would not have bothered. Please give credit to the judge who has trapped the government into responding in a public function. 

LOL. There is no dearth of insane reasons for the Congress lovers to save their hide. Of course that's the trait of this party. But who cares. !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.