The answer to this question is available in what Jinnah sai. I quote him" It is extremely difficult to appreciate why our Hindu friends fail to understand the real nature of Islam and Hinduism. They are not religious in the strict sense of the word, but are, in fact, different and distinct social orders, and it is a dream ......... The Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs, literatures. They neither intermarry nor interdine together and, indeed, they belong to two different civilizations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions. Their aspect on life and of life are different. ....... They have different epics, different heroes, and different episodes. Very often the hero of one is a foe of the other and, likewise, their victories and defeats overlap. To yoke together two such nations under a single state, ........ must lead to growing discontent and final destruction of any fabric ... a state". This can be read at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Movement.

In India there is aresurgence in Islam and now the Islamists say that their law is even above supreme court. I open this discussion which is hot and topical for all to comment. No rhetoric please.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I see only two possibilities

1- division in near future

2- further divisions in future 

I don't care what the so-called "Dharm Nipeksh" say because they have their own interests above the interests of this country.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Many years ago I read somewhere that in its history, the India of today and Pakistan and Bangladesh together were united for a maximum period of 120 years even when the religion was only Hinduism. Now we are in different times and India today is a pluralistic society.  It is the Constitution which unites and not religion. That religion is not a uniting force has been repeatedly demonstrated in region after region like Europe, West Asia. In these areas countries with singular religion are facing wars with each other. Maximum Muslims and Christians have been killed by themselves. Nearer home we saw recently how during Jat agitation non Jat Hindus were targeted or in Tamilnadu how upper caste persons brutally killed a lower caste person for marrying their woman. So religion is not and can not be a cementing factor. Modern times do give an opportunity to citizens irrespective of their religion, national;ity etc to come together and live happily as is demonstrated by USA. Keeping diverse elements together is a challenge and that is why the framers of our Constitution and leaders like Gandhi, Nehru, Patel, Azad stood tall despite many weaknesses. They were creators of an enabling atmosphere. However today an opposing ideology is gaining ground which wants to segment society for sake of votes, polarize sections for sake of domination, and so on. It also has supporters as any idea would have. What Jinnah said has no meaning today, the Supreme court is capable of overcoming such narrow minded forces and within Muslim community in India there is an upsurge to cleanse it of the very narrow views which make you afraid that India will be divided again. Indian people will not allow another division. The first was done by the British.

Jinnah and Sawarkar believed in two nation theory. Noted poet and philosopher Mohd. Iqbal was the ideologue of the theory that Muslims are nation. But his philosophy of Muslim nation was not just a geographical concept.  For him all Muslims wherever they are form nation. The Muslims worldwide are one community or nation called 'Ummah'  Jinnah was persuaded constantly by Iqbal to play an active role in creating an Islamic state.  Jinnah is just one side of the theocratic state notion. In fact, Hindu Maha Sabha and R.S.S. are the main players in this mischief. They sowed seeds of hatred. In fact, Jinnah was himself not an orthodox Muslim. He was not aggressive but feared that Muslims in Hindu India would be reduced to second grade citizenship. This belief was not entirely unfounded. I heard that during British period, at Railway station, there were separate tumblers for tea. The tumbler used by Muslims would not be used by Hindus. So we had Hinduani tea and Musalmani tea.  Drinking water was also served to Muslims and lower Hindu caste persons through long bamboo pipe.

We must maintain secular ideals. I don't feel that Muslims need any further division. But the Hindu fanatics in name of so called Hindu Rashtra are creating circumstances for further division not only on religious basis but also on caste basis. Recent issues of Mahishasur worship and campaign against burning of Holka are pointers. All secular forces must unite and act fast to defeat the grand design of Hindutva forces to divide tha nation and force another divisions or divisions.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In real terms, India was never ONE Nation for even 120 years as even during the reign of the mighty Aurangzeb, control over the Assam Kings and North East states was never there. It was only during the time of British rule that entire India was integrated. But here also the British allowed many independent states to flourish like Hyderabad, Patiala, Kashmir and Baroda. British only looked after defence and Foreign affairs. In case India was never a Historical entity  for 4000 yeasr, the chance that this artificial stitching will more likely to collapse.

The Chinese Institute of Strategic studies has forecast the imminent breakup of India. To say that the USA is a cohesive society is totally without foundation. My sister in law is an American and I have seen that at present there is a anti- Muslim wave in USA. No wonder even Ted Cruz is asking for seperate Police patrols for Muslim neighbourhoods. We lost earlier because of lack of unity among Hindus and also because of " tolerance". In this read the chapter on Hindus in " history of warfare" by Field Marshal Montogomery. This tolerance will be our doom. In fact I feel sad as me, my father and Grandfather served the Indian armed forces  for over a 100 years.

The only way India can survive for another 100 years is if the Hindus enforce discipline and the constitution like civil code et all. There can be no dissent , today they question the supreme court ,tomorrow they will question parliaments right to make laws for Muslims. It is  like the serpent rearing its head and allowed to rear higher. Incidentally Jinnah is valid today as none of his statements are rejected by Indian Muslims who see him as a great leader.

I will like to appraise my friends on a comment made by a highly educated minority memenber  who is my peer in another company. He said that Parliament in India is a Hindu parliament as in case Muslims were to get proper representation they should have at least 75-85 MPs.  they baarely have only a few.He asks  how can a predominent Hindu parliament make laws applicable to Muslims? Think friends !!!

One thing which many in India seen to be lacking is in self confidence including those who served for 3 generations  in the army incl. British army. If 100 crore Hindus are afraid of 20 odd crore Muslims then what can be done. Parliament and Supreme Courts have to do their duty. All will fall in line. The muslim mania of many is creating imaginary demons. Everything seems to be muslim centric. Even USA is to be judged by attitude of Trump towards muslims. Many have predicted break up of China as it's citizen want democracy sooner or later. Ok stop being a scare crow all the time and stop imaginary battles.

I have another fear. The minorities only need some degree of autonomy and freedom from interference in their affairs. Nothing else. If the fascist Hindu communal forces are not restrained and they go with their agenda, there will be disastrous results. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Jinnah and Sawarkar believed in two nation theory. Noted poet and philosopher Mohd. Iqbal was the ideologue of the theory that Muslims are nation. But his philosophy of Muslim nation was not just a geographical concept.  For him all Muslims wherever they are form nation. The Muslims worldwide are one community or nation called 'Ummah'  Jinnah was persuaded constantly by Iqbal to play an active role in creating an Islamic state.  Jinnah is just one side of the theocratic state notion. In fact, Hindu Maha Sabha and R.S.S. are the main players in this mischief. They sowed seeds of hatred. In fact, Jinnah was himself not an orthodox Muslim. He was not aggressive but feared that Muslims in Hindu India would be reduced to second grade citizenship. This belief was not entirely unfounded. I heard that during British period, at Railway station, there were separate tumblers for tea. The tumbler used by Muslims would not be used by Hindus. So we had Hinduani tea and Musalmani tea.  Drinking water was also served to Muslims and lower Hindu caste persons through long bamboo pipe.

We must maintain secular ideals. I don't feel that Muslims need any further division. But the Hindu fanatics in name of so called Hindu Rashtra are creating circumstances for further division not only on religious basis but also on caste basis. Recent issues of Mahishasur worship and campaign against burning of Holka are pointers. All secular forces must unite and act fast to defeat the grand design of Hindutva forces to divide tha nation and force another divisions or divisions.  

So nice to have a discussion with you. Firstly how do you relate Hindutva with BJP and Sangh? Hindutava is defined as "

An ideology seeking to establish the hegemony of Hindus and the Hindu way of life."  This is not the monopoly of the BJP and any Hindu or resident of India can believe in it. I am a Sikh, but I find nothing objectionable in Hindutava. to keep calling Hindutava a fascist concept is something I cannot understand. In the USA and UK the constitution is based on Christian principles and all live there, same with Hindutava, which is akin to the old golden aage. Remember BJp is not a party that can bring Hindutava as it failed in all its election promises.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I have another fear. The minorities only need some degree of autonomy and freedom from interference in their affairs. Nothing else. If the fascist Hindu communal forces are not restrained and they go with their agenda, there will be disastrous results. 

I will remind you that 

The term Fascism was first used of the totalitarian right wing nationalist regime of Mussolini in Italy (1922–43); the regimes of the Nazi  in Germany.Fascism tends to include a belief in the supremacy of one national or ethenic  group> Where is it? I dont see in India  and no foreigner sees it also other than you and the Congress. Come man dont use words for the sake of using like Fascism etc.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
vijay wrote:

One thing which many in India seen to be lacking is in self confidence including those who served for 3 generations  in the army incl. British army. If 100 crore Hindus are afraid of 20 odd crore Muslims then what can be done. Parliament and Supreme Courts have to do their duty. All will fall in line. The muslim mania of many is creating imaginary demons. Everything seems to be muslim centric. Even USA is to be judged by attitude of Trump towards muslims. Many have predicted break up of China as it's citizen want democracy sooner or later. Ok stop being a scare crow all the time and stop imaginary battles.

thank you Vijay, I enjoy a verbal and written joust with you. Bear in mind that only 100,000 Britishers controlled a population of 350 million and only about 50000 Muslims controlled 100 million Hindus. This was based on the axiom" fear is the Key". This  is a fact  and is brought out in Freedom at Midnight byLapaire and Indian history by Duff. So 100 cr can be controled by 20 cr easily as Hindus are divided by caste and creed. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.