Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Of course. Views and opinions vary. I agree with Babu that there is a possibility of further division of the country on religious lines.

usha manohar wrote:

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the year 1985, the Supreme Court ordered Shah Bano's husband to pay maintenance allowance to Shah Bano after divorce. The Islamic patriarchal minds did not  like women winning a case over men. There were demonstrations and protests.

The SC gave a chance to the government (under Rajiv Gandhi) to initiate the work towards having a Uniform Civil Code. However, Mr. Gandhi succumbed to the pressure of the Muslim community and instead of abolishing separate laws instead of the ones by the Constitution, his government in fact made necessary amendments to negate the effect of the SC judgement.

If Goa can implement UCC successfully , with a dominant Catholic population I don't see any problem in implementing UCC by different states.In fact BJP should start doing this in their own states for a start. Once they consolidate their position in almost all the states , there will be no problem in implementing it at the center as well..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

In the year 1985, the Supreme Court ordered Shah Bano's husband to pay maintenance allowance to Shah Bano after divorce. The Islamic patriarchal minds did not  like women winning a case over men. There were demonstrations and protests.

The SC gave a chance to the government (under Rajiv Gandhi) to initiate the work towards having a Uniform Civil Code. However, Mr. Gandhi succumbed to the pressure of the Muslim community and instead of abolishing separate laws instead of the ones by the Constitution, his government in fact made necessary amendments to negate the effect of the SC judgement.

If Goa can implement UCC successfully , with a dominant Catholic population I don't see any problem in implementing UCC by different states.In fact BJP should start doing this in their own states for a start. Once they consolidate their position in almost all the states , there will be no problem in implementing it at the center as well..

I completely agree with you. The BJP had an agenda, they must implement it, starting with the states they rule.But so far nothing has happend and 24 months have gone like the wind. 36 months is not far off and its about time Modi pulled up his socks.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I completely agree with you. The BJP had an agenda, they must implement it, starting with the states they rule.But so far nothing has happend and 24 months have gone like the wind. 36 months is not far off and its about time Modi pulled up his socks.

BJP, will definitely do, what it's supposed to do. Modi, is not a novice. As you said, it's certainly having an agenda. BJP must be having a pre decided order to implement the points in its agenda. He will follow that order. A Statesman like modi  knows all about the ruling of a Country

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

You cannot do anything forcefully, two years while compared to what has been so far is a very short period of time..They need t know the ground realities and also get out of the many tangles that Congress has put forth,one can see what an eventful scam filled period this has been...I am sure they will do so because it is in the interest of all concerned to do so but some people will want to criticise the move simply because Congress dint do it so BJP if managed t do so will be one up on them, so bring in Hindu law and all sorts of half truths just to confuse the minority and fuel them towards a confrontation, that is the main idea of all these claims about Hindu law, nothing else..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If I remember correctly the UCC in Goa was done during Portugese rule and is continued after its liberation. So it was not done by any Indian party like BJP or Congress etc. And there can always be another view point. Why you get so worked up to call him almost a anti national. By your yardstick there are only three nationalists in the whole country.

Goa decided to continue with the laws introduced by the Portugese when it got its independence in 1961. In 1962 apparently it was modified to a certain extent and continues to be followed to this day.. Even Hindus can marry a second time under certain special or unique circumstances  according to the law, not sure how this got included in it..

Feni effect !!!

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

A good suggestion that BJP may begin UCC from the states they rule. But we need see whether this is in union  list or state list or concurrent list.  Can a sate govt. introduce uniform civil code?  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

usha manohar wrote:

Goa decided to continue with the laws introduced by the Portugese when it got its independence in 1961. In 1962 apparently it was modified to a certain extent and continues to be followed to this day.. Even Hindus can marry a second time under certain special or unique circumstances  according to the law, not sure how this got included in it..

laws which are made for goodness, i think that shouldn't be erased from the law books because they are made for helping humanity. 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.