The topic is locked.

According to norms of Boddunan site, no member- even a moderator- can create a thread exclusively for certain group of members or particular view. A very senior moderator has made such suggestion while creating a thread. she wants that contrary views should be kept away from that thread. 

Such threads are not presently permissible. However, her novel idea has prompted me to suggest division of this forum into groups. Like Facebook, members may have separate groups/ pages meant only for group members. Each group would have its own friend list and own moderator unlike the current system of moderators for entire forum.  The groups may be created by anyone with at least twenty members and gropu moderator would be from its members.  A member may suggest enrollment of member to group. The group members would be free to join and leave the group just as on Facebook.  It will be possible to unfriend also some one.

This is for consideration and discussion by all. Presently all moderators are common. Ironically, I am still a moderator even for the thread from which I and those sharing my views are sought to be excluded.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No I am not agree with it. This site is not FB or any other social network site. How many members we are active here? Maximum 20. The only one thing which we all members have to follow that never write any thing which pinch any member personally. Religion is senstive issue, be care full when write about it. 

It would not be in the wider interest of the site however we can refrain from using strong words for believers of different groups. I agree with Anil Boddunan is not a platform like FB where we can avoid each other. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I would also like the forum to remain common for all. But some members have got carried away wiith their beliefs and when they run out of defense they start shooting the messenger which is highly objectionable. Let views be exchanged not personal attacks. 

I would also like the forum to remain common for all. But some members have got carried away wiith their beliefs and when they run out of defense they start shooting the messenger which is highly objectionable. Let views be exchanged not personal attacks. 

@vijay Some members? 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is no necessity for dividing the Forums. What all is needed is to Just stick to expressing your opinions. No forcing. No taking  the issues to personal level  and above all avoiding cryptic responses, without any relevance to the discussion. Member is supposed to express his or her opinion in a clear and straight way.

I totally don't agree with it, i think everything is going smoothly and i don't there is anything which need to b changed, the idea is too complicated

bhuyali saroj

It sounds so unstatesman-like of Gulshanji!! We can as well think of forming mutually back- patting groups and sub-groups and so on to what end? Why are we shy of squaring up to the truth that some of us are terribly dogmatic.A few labor under the infallibility of their own knowledge,superiority. Partition,division, compartmentalization as means of solutions are indicative of desperation of a weak mind.We must learn to live with dissent even if that calls for use of firmness.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

It sounds so unstatesman-like of Gulshanji!! We can as well think of forming mutually back- patting groups and sub-groups and so on to what end? Why are we shy of squaring up to the truth that some of us are terribly dogmatic.A few labor under the infallibility of their own knowledge,superiority. Partition,division, compartmentalization as means of solutions are indicative of desperation of a weak mind.We must learn to live with dissent even if that calls for use of firmness.

I agree we must live with dissent. So your advice is badly needed by the person who crated controversial thread.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If we had say 50 or 60 active members I guess one could think of having groups with the freedom to choose and also interact in any group following the rules laid down by that particular group.But as of now it is not viable to have groups here ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.