Horse riding is a wonderful sport and Indian kings had a great tradition of riding horses. However after the Hindus were defeated most of the  macho sports like fencing and riding were given up. In the west, horse riding is a popular sport and riding clubs dot the nation. There is a need to let the youth take part in this sport which is practically non-existent unless you are a maharajah or a member of the armed forces. Government and sports ministry must step in.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is doubtful if horse riding can become a popular sport in Ondia even if government were to support it. It seems to be out of sync with today's lifestyle and needs.

vijay wrote:

It is doubtful if horse riding can become a popular sport in Ondia even if government were to support it. It seems to be out of sync with today's lifestyle and needs.

Heavens! Just see the popularity of the sport in USA and Europe. Riding clubs are everywhere. Our problem is economic. Yes when people do not have enough to eat they can't take part in most sports. Why riding even fencing,  canoeing. Rafting and shooting. Horse riding is one of finest sports and i have ridden for 3 decades.

Long time ago when when I visited Auroville located in the state of Puducherry, had a opportunity to see a Horse riding school. Of course, the Government of India should see that such schools are spread all over the country.

rambabu wrote:

Long time ago when when I visited Auroville located in the state of Puducherry, had a opportunity to see a Horse riding school. Of course, the Government of India should see that such schools are spread all over the country.

Very good suggestion. Riding is a wonderful Sport and an excellent exercise. Our ancient Hindu warriors rode horses all the time

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Very good suggestion. Riding is a wonderful Sport and an excellent exercise. Our ancient Hindu warriors rode horses all the time

I agree with your historical facts. As I suggested earlier, it's not a hard task for the Government to start Horse riding schools. Such schools will make children healthy and disciplined.

MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

Heavens! Just see the popularity of the sport in USA and Europe. Riding clubs are everywhere. Our problem is economic. Yes when people do not have enough to eat they can't take part in most sports. Why riding even fencing,  canoeing. Rafting and shooting. Horse riding is one of finest sports and i have ridden for 3 decades.

Horse riding and owning horses is considered the prerogative of the rich and famous, party because horses are expensive to buy and maintain . I remember a case in Bangalore where a horse used for pulling a Jhatka( horse carriage) abandoned by the owner because it was sick and run down. A lower middle class family , living close to where we lived , adopted the horse which was wandering the streets , feeding it with whatever they could afford and caring for it , and the children  learnt to ride the horse, in fact learnt to ride it well. One of the boys is a Jokey now , the old horse is still there looked after by him.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@MGSingh you if yourself admitted that present economic condition does not permit horse riding type facilities in numbers you like. But yes those who can afford can enjoy the game. Why shd govt help them.?

Here is a Horse Riding Club in Delhi which offers coaching for Horse Riding  for children and adults.

http://childrensridingclub.in/

vijay wrote:

@MGSingh you if yourself admitted that present economic condition does not permit horse riding type facilities in numbers you like. But yes those who can afford can enjoy the game. Why shd govt help them.?

Sports which are healthy neeed to be cultivated. Riding is a great sport and nearly 40 medals are at stake in Olympics.We dont win even one. but now I find schools encouraging horse ridind. At least many in Delhi do like Modern School. The Government has to step in to restore this sport which is as Indian as it gets.

rambabu wrote:

Here is a Horse Riding Club in Delhi which offers coaching for Horse Riding  for children and adults.

http://childrensridingclub.in/

There are many more and now girls are also riding horses. This sport has historical  connotation in India.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.