The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

M.G. Singh said that he is gathering matter for his article ?

Here are the facts for your benefit. Go through this article.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-India-so-far-behind-in-the-Olympics-even-though-it-has-over-a-sixth-of-the-worlds-population

What a wonderful reference. There is also a comment at the bottom which states that a nation which can't feed  half of its population is bound to fail in sports. Who is responsible for this state? It is Nehru and Congress. Only now Modi is having a crack at it.

Thank you said by: rambabu
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-India-so-far-behind-in-the-Olympics-even-though-it-has-over-a-sixth-of-the-worlds-population

What a wonderful reference. There is also a comment at the bottom which states that a nation which can't feed  half of its population is bound to fail in sports. Who is responsible for this state? It is Nehru and Congress. Only now Modi is having a crack at it.

Actually I thought of giving this link. But I thought, it's not necessary for you, because, you can understand. But the member who sees everything in a negative way, to make him understand, I gave this link.Thank you my friend for appreciating my efforts.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Quora , from which this so called article  has been taken is just another discussion site like Boddunan and I too am a member there and the views given by members of a discussion site cannot be taken as authentic because they just  give their opinion like we do here . We need to have proper information coming from a valid source not from discussion sites where members give out their opinions as you can clearly see going by the various posts  . I am sure you will understand ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Two back slapping members keep propping themselves up by relying on any and sundry giving their views. MGSingh see Nehru everywhere and Rambabu sees MGSingh everywhere these days. Both have negative views about India and they say my views are negative. I have always provided unrefutable facts. Not adjectives and perceptions based on personal biases. USHA has rightly brought out the real reasons why we are behind in sports inspite of there being food for all and God health. But no, it is Nehru who is responsible!!!! 

vijay wrote:

Two back slapping members keep propping themselves up by relying on any and sundry giving their views. MGSingh see Nehru everywhere and Rambabu sees MGSingh everywhere these days. Both have negative views about India and they say my views are negative. I have always provided unrefutable facts. Not adjectives and perceptions based on personal biases. USHA has rightly brought out the real reasons why we are behind in sports inspite of there being food for all and God health. But no, it is Nehru who is responsible!!!! 

ha ha, I like your comment. But my dear, I criticize Nehru ( and others also do now) because he had the love of the Indian people and he clashed with Mao and lost. Mao took China forward and Nehru has left us with insurrmountable problems. His policy at most place was wrong and stating that does not make me dislike Nehru.

As far as sports is concerned it is connected with national health and Nehru is responsible as under him poverty line increased and that obviously reflected on sports as well.I agree others after him should have changed the policy, but when Narasimaha Rao started change we were nearly 4 decades behind time.  it will now take another 50 years to eradicate poverty( if at all it is eradicated) and then only national health will improve.Automatically sports will get a filip, but where will other nations be at that time ?

MG Singh wrote:
vijay wrote:

ha ha, I like your comment. But my dear, I criticize Nehru ( and others also do now) because he had the love of the Indian people and he clashed with Mao and lost. Mao took China forward and Nehru has left us with insurrmountable problems. His policy at most place was wrong and stating that does not make me dislike Nehru.

As far as sports is concerned it is connected with national health and Nehru is responsible as under him poverty line increased and that obviously reflected on sports as well.I agree others after him should have changed the policy, but when Narasimaha Rao started change we were nearly 4 decades behind time.  it will now take another 50 years to eradicate poverty( if at all it is eradicated) and then only national health will improve.Automatically sports will get a filip, but where will other nations be at that time ?

That's why, the Congress Bhaktas attitude and thoughts are of pre - Historic age, out dated and useless.

just because of cricket many sports are also introduced in India like kabaddi, kushti etc on TV earlier there was no live telecast of these kind of sports in India but now many sponsors are taking these sports to another level 

bhuyali saroj

@MGSingh please get your history of China right. It was not Mao who took China forward but Dang. Mao left it in shambles with his disasterous cultural revolution. Chinas economy for a boost because USA transferred its labor intensive industries to a totalirian country where labor could not protest at being paid lower salaries benefiting the American consumer.In India this would not have been posible because we chose democracy nourished magnificiently in its formative years by Nehru. In your hatred for him you can now blame him for China's progress too. RAMBABU you may find all this useless so please keep out of it.

MG Singh wrote:

I too feel that hardly any importance was given to sports until the nineties, in fact Sportsmen have had it tough for decades except for cricket players ..Nehru  may be excused to some extent because he had the task of nation building , so he had to see what was priority but Indira Gandhi continued  to be the same or even worse . I know of one instance ( cannot remember the exact year) when the Bangalore college students went on a strike because 2 athletes selected for Olympics were left behind .The reason being that the officials, MLAs, ministers and their wives consisted of the bulk of the entourage, attending Olympics , funded by the tax payers , leaving no place for athletes. When the athletes  approached the sports ministry they were asked to fund for themselves . This led to a huge protest which went on for months together..

Why I brought this up is to show the levels to which our democracy had fallen under Indira Gandhi who institutionalised corruption n every field possible. Bribes became a way of life. Her lop sided priorities and her dependence on her coterie of sycophants only added to her downfall..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Aparna Popat a Badminton champion says that  China's essential aim is to win Glory for the Nation through sport. To achieve this, the Chinese established centralized elite sports system. Additionally, there were Govt run sports training centres at all levels, National, provincial,city and county sports schools. Children as young as 4 years were identified and put into these training centres. All expenses will be born by the State. Aparna Popat says, in India, the support comes only from the family. She along with another Badminton Champion Gopichand became Champions only due to the support of the family. Hence, if in India too unless such support from the State is not there, it becomes a dream for India to produce Olympic Champions.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.