The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Like erstwhile Communist countries China also used to spend huge money on trying to win as many medals as possible in international tournaments. The purpose was twofold, to make western countries especially USA look small and show the efficient Communist system. East Germany used to win disproportionate share of medals under this scheme. However since collapse of Communism even Russia is finding it difficult to win its earlier share of medals. Today China has achieved a status of world's second largest economy and is thus rightly able to divert huge funds to develop sports and win a large chunk of medals. Our economy is less than 15% of China's economy and we cannot afford to divert huge funds into development of sports just to show how great we are. But since many years tere is a sports Ministry and gradually more funds and facilities are being provided. You cannot expect a country to be backward in other indices and outshine in sports. It is an all round development. Blaming for the sake of blaming is a game being played in the forum by some sportsmen/women. Keep it up.

When we compare India to other countries , smaller snd less developed two or three decades ago, we still see how much better they were at sports because whatever could be done was done to the full extent us. Indians had and still have a tendency to do everything in a half hearted manner and our leaders have taken full advantage of this fact. This made even the few outstanding ones suffer because of lack of funds and help from the government..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

When we compare India to other countries , smaller snd less developed two or three decades ago, we still see how much better they were at sports because whatever could be done was done to the full extent us. Indians had and still have a tendency to do everything in a half hearted manner and our leaders have taken full advantage of this fact. This made even the few outstanding ones suffer because of lack of funds and help from the government..

I agree with you. Indians are indeed easy going and politicians particularly Congress concentrated on vote bank politics and corruption and took Indian people for a ride. So obviously feeding the masses and as a corollory sports had little importance.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I agree with you. Indians are indeed easy going and politicians particularly Congress concentrated on vote bank politics and corruption and took Indian people for a ride. So obviously feeding the masses and as a corollory sports had little importance.

The biggest and Major Sorts scams took place during Congress regime. Who can forget Sports scams like Commonwealth Games scam, Match fixing scam in Cricket to name a few? And it goes without saying, it were the Congress people who were involved in these scams. Expecting from such Govt anything except Vote Banks is an exercise in futility.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The biggest and Major Sorts scams took place during Congress regime. Who can forget Sports scams like Commonwealth Games scam, Match fixing scam in Cricket to name a few?

Very true, the Congress under Manmohan Singh looted the nation and made money in all sports events. They were not bothered about sport, but how to loot the state.

I would like to bring to the attention of readers about an incident about 7-8 years back. there was a women's hockey match between India  and Hongkong and I was sitting with a few British friends at the Singapore club bar. Now Hongkong is a tiny city, not even half of Mumbai. I cut a sorry figure when a nation of 100 billion could not throw up a team to beat Hongkong. We lost and my friends roared with laughter. Tongue in cheek one of my friends a retired British major settled in Singapore commented  let Indian girls at least develop their legs if they don't have the stamina to beat anybody. I saw the recent women cricket match with Pakistan in the world cup and sadly we lost to Pakistan. What to say?

MG Singh wrote:

I would like to bring to the attention of readers about an incident about 7-8 years back. there was a women's hockey match between India  and Hongkong and I was sitting with a few British friends at the Singapore club bar. Now Hongkong is a tiny city, not even half of Mumbai. I cut a sorry figure when a nation of 100 billion could not throw up a team to beat Hongkong. We lost and my friends roared with laughter. Tongue in cheek one of my friends a retired British major settled in Singapore commented  let Indian girls at least develop their legs if they don't have the stamina to beat anybody. I saw the recent women cricket match with Pakistan in the world cup and sadly we lost to Pakistan. What to say?

True. The incident you related says it all. Unless a Nation is healthy and gives utmost importance to Sports and other related aspects, that contribute to the health of the Nation, nothing can be achieved.

MG Singh wrote:

The previous government had money for everything but for essentials like sports. If you see today's news report, Priyanka Vadra is in the news for asking and getting a rent of her asking Rs 8800 for a Rs53,000 bunglow in Delhi in 1997. The property is worth several lakhs in rent no. She has gobbled  up the money and is now building a huge bunglow,got after many laws and rules were bent to accommodate her. In fact the entire family has been leeching on the nation for decades . This is Congress culture that  has been the bane of our country. Now all political parties ant to follow this filthy practice started and nurtured by them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The size of population has nothing to do with skills. The team that has skill is surely going to make a mark. Just because India is a big country then it should win in all tournaments is foolhardy. By that logic Usain Bolt who comes from Jamaica should  not even qualify for his event. Personal physique, self determination, passion, commitment, hardwork are the ingredients for producing excellent sportspersons. Government suport can boost these. If they are not there no amount of support can help. All you can say is corruption, Congress and now Priyanka. How much venom is there in you and you keep taking it out one way or the other all the time in company of foreigners for reinforcement. Bring a good topic for discussion.

For die hard Congress supporters, members, Sycophants or whatever else they may want to call themselves, bitter truth and negative facts about their leaders seems like venom, so be it...However, I doubt if the shameless leaders would ever leave their comfort zone they have created for themselves over the past 60 odd years ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.