The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sarwan Singh, won the Gold medal for 110 m hurdles at 1954 Asian games. Now he is a Cab driver. Sita Sahu did the Nation proud after securing third place in 200m and 1600m  at the special Olympics in 2011. Now she is a Golgappa seller. These are just two cases who had determination and commitment. Had there been State support, this pathetic condition would not have happened. And in those years, Congress was ruling the country.

In my city a few months back a news item created a bit of stir. The story along with a picture showed the captain of the Indian  deaf and dumb men's cricket team forced to sell golgappas on a prominent street for a living. Many citizens came forward to help him financially. A month back he went abroad along with the team to participate in a international tournament where they defeated Pakistan. He did not have money for dresses as well as to and fro travel. Some NGO's and citizens contributed to make his dream come true. On his return he expressed his sincere thanks to his supporters and has gone back to selling golappas on the pavement. The plus point is that he is patronised by large number of customers than before. In my state, BJP is in power since nearly twenty plus years and the concerned player is incidentally a muslim.  Now if all three of you are honest replace Congress from your comments and replace it with BJP.  I have no leanings towards Congress but take a stand tat makes you think so because the reality is that all politicians are nearly same. They all have biases, weaknesses etc like others of another party. It is ATTITUDE which matters. You can blame Congress but what are you going to gain. Let BJP accumulate history by ruling for a long time, the story will be same a few percent less or more. But if it gives you a kick to blame Congress everyday go ahead your health is more important. 

No. It won't give ma a kick to blame any Political Parties without a valid reason But I believe putting forth the truth. All those examples i mentioned above happened during Congress regime. Is it not a truth ? Search in the Google about those cases and find out for your self whether  what I said true or not.

Yes that happened in Congress rule. Parroting it everyday what is going to change. They are no longer in power. Stating the obvious is not making a contribution.

Certainly a contribution, when there are people who support their patronized parties  blindly.

I have seen RSS training athletes and other players like Kabbadi and Kho Kho in grounds here in my town. They collect funds and serve refreshments to  the youngsters and even help them out when they go to play state level tournaments by organising place to stay etc .. One should actually take their example and set up sports camps where aspiring sportspersons can come together and get trained.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sports Camps organized by RSS are good. In fact there are several such camps spread over the country. Though not organized by the RSS, here in  AP. there are Akhadas ,wrestling coaching centres. These centres collect funds from rich people and businessmen  ,who are interested in promoting wrestling. But the funds collected are not enough to prepare candidates for big events like Olympics. For preparing the candidates for Olympics, a much sophisticated infrastructure is essential. For wrestling a special kind of shoes are required which are very expensive. For all these things, support from the State is required.

We blame the Congress because it ruled the country for 60 years starting from Nehru. It had lopsided priorities and sports suffered. I will say even Vajpayee  was hemmed in because he never had a simple majority. Now Modi is in power with a majority and I think he should do something. Obviously if he does nothing he will go the Congress way.

well for the people who don't think that modi hasn't done anything till now let me tell you to those who think like that either he/she is an uneducated person or he/she is a mad. 

bhuyali saroj

MG Singh wrote:

We blame the Congress because it ruled the country for 60 years starting from Nehru. It had lopsided priorities and sports suffered. I will say even Vajpayee  was hemmed in because he never had a simple majority. Now Modi is in power with a majority and I think he should do something. Obviously if he does nothing he will go the Congress way.

It is very true, because of wrong priorities, Congress committed mistakes which are innumerable in number. Of course, after independence, Congress was in such a hurry to build a Nation, neither the Nation Building nor any other such activities could be done in full. It goes without saying, during this process, The Sports sphere suffered a lot. Now with the advent of Modi Government, hopes are cropping up to rectify the faults committed by the Congress.  Else, BJP too will be shown the exit by the people who  made the BJP as the country's ruler role. None can survive the wrath of the people.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.