Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

i think the UCC should be scrapped because if we went on making a personal law for any individual religion then it would be very difficult for the law to be sustain because it can become a mess up.

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:

i think the UCC should be scrapped because if we went on making a personal law for any individual religion then it would be very difficult for the law to be sustain because it can become a mess up.

You have got mixed up ! Uniform Civil Code (UCC) is all about having one law for all regardless of religion and has not been implemented in India, so no question of scrapping it .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Babu saroj

Here the issue is whether uniform civil code should be introduced as envisaged in directive principles of constitution. There is alternative suggestion whether the item be removed from directive principles. 

Apparently, most of debatable items were included in directive principles as a compromise. What was agreed upon is in main framework and what is undecided and disputed in directive principles. I feel that the directive principles should be implemented by fresh discussion. If some are not worth implementation, there is no harm in removing these from the directive principles.

Now the issue involved. There is no doubt that current major ruling party BJP, ally shiva Sena favor uniform civil code in their election speeches.  Jan Sangh- the earlier avatar of BJP also favored uniform civil code.  So, if they have been seriously promoting the concept of uniform civil code, let them bring legislation for this. If they don't do so now, they will forfeit any right to make demand for common civil code when they lose power.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Here the issue is whether uniform civil code should be introduced as envisaged in directive principles of constitution. There is alternative suggestion whether the item be removed from directive principles. 

Apparently, most of debatable items were included in directive principles as a compromise. What was agreed upon is in main framework and what is undecided and disputed in directive principles. I feel that the directive principles should be implemented by fresh discussion. If some are not worth implementation, there is no harm in removing these from the directive principles.

Now the issue involved. There is no doubt that current major ruling party BJP, ally shiva Sena favor uniform civil code in their election speeches.  Jan Sangh- the earlier avatar of BJP also favored uniform civil code.  So, if they have been seriously promoting the concept of uniform civil code, let them bring legislation for this. If they don't do so now, they will forfeit any right to make demand for common civil code when they lose power.

In a way I agree with Ajmaniji.The BJP must bring the bill for UCC in the house and open it to debate. I am a nationalst and BJP and Congress have little meaning for me. My point is why should India be the ONLY nation in world to have a diverse civil code. No where is such a proviso ANYWHERE. So good citizens must themselves force the government of the day to bring UCC.  If required the BJP can also be dumped like the corrupt Congress

Politics and political leaders have to deliver and look after the interest of the entire nation not just a handful of people who they think matter to them. If people are unhappy, naturally they will dump the party and the leader but not on any one issue, but on their overall performance, also their credibility and performance in comparison with the past leaders and political parties from which these leaders came..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

People elect a party and empower it to rule the Country, with a hope the Party would rise up to their expectations. From this, it's obvious, , the reason for earlier party's Debacle and the present Party's rise. BJP or Congress or to that matter any party, must live upto the expectations and aspirations of the people.

I think this may be my last comment on this thread. Many people are talking that nothing can be done until there is a consensus. If we go by this nothing will ever be done. Sometimes one has to wield the knife. I have studied in great detail the action of Kemel Moustapha in Turkey. Everybody knows the massive ill will against him from the Ulema and die-hard Muslims to his revolutionary proposal, like abolishing Sharia etc. yet he did it with the sword and gun.

Our ancient rulers like Chandragupta and even Ashoka ruled with the sword. The moment Ashok gave up the sword his empire collapsed after his death. The Mughals also enforced the law with sword and so did the English when they eradicated  Thuggery and sati.Nothing can be done by just sitting on the fence. We need a leader who leads the nation and not a group or clan. Thus, the leader who has to come has to abolish caste, private civil code and integrate Kashmir. It's not difficult, but I am afraid Modi is not that man. My latest post on  "Has Modi missed the date with history" should be out soon on Boddunan. Thanks and good wishes to all.

I agree. Don't you think, for a new Govt, it is important to stabilize the Govt first ?. If Modi starts ruling the country by Sword, from the day One, I'm afraid, it may prove counter productive.Modi has to see the Nation as a whole unit and identify what are the things to be given top priority and what are the things that can wait. Taking all these things in to consideration one should judge Modi's Governance before jumping to conclusions.

rambabu wrote:

I agree. Don't you think, for a new Govt, it is important to stabilize the Govt first ?. If Modi starts ruling the country by Sword, from the day One, I'm afraid, it may prove counter productive.Modi has to see the Nation as a whole unit and identify what are the things to be given top priority and what are the things that can wait. Taking all these things in to consideration one should judge Modi's Governance before jumping to conclusions.

@ Rambabu. It's always a pleasure to read your comments. Remember I am a supporter of Modi but are you aware of his horoscope (  12th house)which is similar to Hitler and Napolean. It shows a precipitous rise and sheer fall to the nadir. It means that if Modi does not act , he may not win the next election. Time does not wait for anybody and good governance is not the only thing. India has a tryst with destiny and somebody has to lead forward. Even Nehru failed and Modi has to ACT otherwise, he may have a sheer fall. God bless him and hope he strikes like the gladiator or better still like tale of David and Goliath

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

@ Rambabu. It's always a pleasure to read your comments. Remember I am a supporter of Modi but are you aware of his horoscope (  12th house)which is similar to Hitler and Napolean. It shows a precipitous rise and sheer fall to the nadir. It means that if Modi does not act , he may not win the next election. Time does not wait for anybody and good governance is not the only thing. India has a tryst with destiny and somebody has to lead forward. Even Nehru failed and Modi has to ACT otherwise, he may have a sheer fall. God bless him and hope he strikes like the gladiator or better still like tale of David and Goliath

I agree with you MG. Seeing the briskness in Modi's revolutionary reforms, I'm of the firm opinion, he has the strength and ability to reverse his Horoscope. As a Statesman, and head of the Nation,Modi has to see all round development of the Nation. Just consider my Pal, that Modi has inherited a Nation that was simply looted by erstwhile Government. It takes time for him to amend the wrongs done by the communal Government. Especially considering Magnitude of the earlier  spoils. So I request you and the like minded people to wait patiently  to see the good deeds of Modi.

Thank you said by: MG Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.