Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    One can only imagine and perceive other peoples feelings which may be right or wrong...

    Came across this quote from Albert Einstein - "Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value."

    Charles Darwin - "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

    I guess success is not about making money or gaining power or perfection but also about survivial !

    These are really nice quotes and very meaningful as well. I always believe success comes after failure. If I want to be successful I must see failures in my life.

    Of course success becomes much more meaningful when it comes after failure... We have so many such example around us , celebrities and Industrialists even common people who taste success after failure and years of hard work. At the same time success comes with its own complications ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    Success in my opinion is not quitting, even after a series of failures. Happiness is the success that comes after repeated failures.

     


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    Babu saroj wrote:

    Satisfaction = happiness but we want to taste and feel true success then we should be satisfied.

    So in effect success = Satisfaction = happiness or is it the other way round ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    Bajirao
    Senior Boarder
    1 243 2.95k
    usha manohar wrote:
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    One can only imagine and perceive other peoples feelings which may be right or wrong...

    Came across this quote from Albert Einstein - "Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value."

    Charles Darwin - "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

    I guess success is not about making money or gaining power or perfection but also about survivial !

    These are really nice quotes and very meaningful as well. I always believe success comes after failure. If I want to be successful I must see failures in my life.

    Of course success becomes much more meaningful when it comes after failure... We have so many such example around us , celebrities and Industrialists even common people who taste success after failure and years of hard work. At the same time success comes with its own complications ..

    Yes agree. The most important complication is the hard work and mental stress. However once you get out of failures this mental stress becomes happiness. 

     


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    Consistent and relentless efforts pave the way to Success. After this type of efforts, an individual learns that success is nothing but doing what's right the right way at the right time.However, knowing that Success is not final, failure is not fatal, will cause tons of Happiness even with smallest of the smallest Success.

     


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    One can only imagine and perceive other peoples feelings which may be right or wrong...

    Came across this quote from Albert Einstein - "Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value."

    Charles Darwin - "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

    I guess success is not about making money or gaining power or perfection but also about survivial !

    These are really nice quotes and very meaningful as well. I always believe success comes after failure. If I want to be successful I must see failures in my life.

    Of course success becomes much more meaningful when it comes after failure... We have so many such example around us , celebrities and Industrialists even common people who taste success after failure and years of hard work. At the same time success comes with its own complications ..

    Yes agree. The most important complication is the hard work and mental stress. However once you get out of failures this mental stress becomes happiness. 

     

    True, it is also true that we have to pay a price for everything whether it is career, personal happiness or success. Nothing in life comes free. Recently I happened to read a biography of a multi millionaire based in UK , where he writes that having unlimited amount of money was a burden to him , so he gave most of it away, even his properties and other assets were given away, some to his children and some to other organisations, after which when he had just enough , he found inner peace, for a while. But being used to hard and dedicated work he could not stay away from his work , so he again became busy and ended up being as rich in a few more years ! Again the same restlessness..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    After a particular stage, Earned Billions will become a Burden. And they think about spending their Money to the Welfare of the Society.

    Warren Buffet, George B. Kaiser, Sarah Blakely are some of the Billionaires who donated their Money for Charity. They realized that real happiness lies in GIVING.

     


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar
    Editor & Super Moderator
    258 14.6k 108.2k
    usha manohar wrote:
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    One can only imagine and perceive other peoples feelings which may be right or wrong...

    Came across this quote from Albert Einstein - "Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value."

    Charles Darwin - "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

    I guess success is not about making money or gaining power or perfection but also about survivial !

    These are really nice quotes and very meaningful as well. I always believe success comes after failure. If I want to be successful I must see failures in my life.

    Of course success becomes much more meaningful when it comes after failure... We have so many such example around us , celebrities and Industrialists even common people who taste success after failure and years of hard work. At the same time success comes with its own complications ..

    Yes agree. The most important complication is the hard work and mental stress. However once you get out of failures this mental stress becomes happiness. 

     

    True, it is also true that we have to pay a price for everything whether it is career, personal happiness or success. Nothing in life comes free. Recently I happened to read a biography of a multi millionaire based in UK , where he writes that having unlimited amount of money was a burden to him , so he gave most of it away, even his properties and other assets were given away, some to his children and some to other organisations, after which when he had just enough , he found inner peace, for a while. But being used to hard and dedicated work he could not stay away from his work , so he again became busy and ended up being as rich in a few more years ! Again the same restlessness..

    This account reminds me of the book I read The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari, and its sequel about The Secret Letters from the Monk who Sold his Ferrari. It goes on to say the same thing, money is not important or crucial for happiness but finding the inner peace.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    Bajirao wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    One can only imagine and perceive other peoples feelings which may be right or wrong...

    Came across this quote from Albert Einstein - "Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value."

    Charles Darwin - "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

    I guess success is not about making money or gaining power or perfection but also about survivial !

    These are really nice quotes and very meaningful as well. I always believe success comes after failure. If I want to be successful I must see failures in my life.

    Of course success becomes much more meaningful when it comes after failure... We have so many such example around us , celebrities and Industrialists even common people who taste success after failure and years of hard work. At the same time success comes with its own complications ..

    Yes agree. The most important complication is the hard work and mental stress. However once you get out of failures this mental stress becomes happiness. 

     

    True, it is also true that we have to pay a price for everything whether it is career, personal happiness or success. Nothing in life comes free. Recently I happened to read a biography of a multi millionaire based in UK , where he writes that having unlimited amount of money was a burden to him , so he gave most of it away, even his properties and other assets were given away, some to his children and some to other organisations, after which when he had just enough , he found inner peace, for a while. But being used to hard and dedicated work he could not stay away from his work , so he again became busy and ended up being as rich in a few more years ! Again the same restlessness..

    This account reminds me of the book I read The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari, and its sequel about The Secret Letters from the Monk who Sold his Ferrari. It goes on to say the same thing, money is not important or crucial for happiness but finding the inner peace.

    I have read that as well, mastering ones mind, reflecting and analysing our own day today activities help us a lot in developing our personality. Many a times we realise that true happiness and even success is a state of mind, nothing to do with money or material possession.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: What does success mean?

    by » 5 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    Reviewing is one thing that I habitually do from time to time. Reviewing helps in knowing to what extent one has covered and to what extent one has to cover to reach your Goals. This activity creates a sort of confidence. This, I do before and after my journeys, article writing, even while posting a new thread in the forums.

     


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.

Is Modi good to be given another election period when compared with contemporaries and competitiors?

No answer selected. Please try again.
Please select either existing option or enter your own, however not both.
Please select minimum 0 answer(s) and maximum 4 answer(s).
/polls/politics/6633-is-modi-good-to-be-given-another-election-period-when-compared-with-contemporaries-and-competitiors.json?task=poll.vote
6633
radio
[{"id":"23070","title":"Yes","votes":"32","type":"x","order":"1","pct":64,"resources":[]},{"id":"23071","title":"No","votes":"11","type":"x","order":"2","pct":22,"resources":[]},{"id":"23072","title":"Can't say","votes":"6","type":"x","order":"3","pct":12,"resources":[]},{"id":"23073","title":"Don't know","votes":"1","type":"x","order":"4","pct":2,"resources":[]}] ["#ff5b00","#4ac0f2","#b80028","#eef66c","#60bb22","#b96a9a","#62c2cc"] ["rgba(255,91,0,0.7)","rgba(74,192,242,0.7)","rgba(184,0,40,0.7)","rgba(238,246,108,0.7)","rgba(96,187,34,0.7)","rgba(185,106,154,0.7)","rgba(98,194,204,0.7)"] 350
bottom 200
Senthil kumar P
1 points
shalinisharma
1 points