Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Babu saroj wrote:

only some of them in this world who will not use the advantage of the situation whereas about sachin i am a big fan of him and i usually don't want to listen any bad things about him.

This is the problem with India, the moment people like or become a fan of a person, they refuse to think that the heroes are human beings like all of us and are capable of making mistakes etc..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Although I am a big fan of Tendulkar, I strongly object to his intention of extending favour to his friend by using his connection. It's good that he was not entertained. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Although I am a big fan of Tendulkar, I strongly object to his intention of extending favour to his friend by using his connection. It's good that he was not entertained. 

True...I too am a fan of Tendulkar but he has been known to take advantage of his position every now and then. Few years ago, he refused to pay and got the taxes waived off of his luxury Ferrari car. Now this. While in reality, people like him should be more willing to pay their taxes on time and not taking benefits because that would mean money taken from other people in not so fortunate conditions. But they feel like they are gods or something and have every right to being treated differently.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Of course, Tendulkar's request to help his friend hasn't been granted by the Defence Minister, as the said land is located in an area earmarked for a Defence training school.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

True...I too am a fan of Tendulkar but he has been known to take advantage of his position every now and then. Few years ago, he refused to pay and got the taxes waived off of his luxury Ferrari car. Now this. While in reality, people like him should be more willing to pay their taxes on time and not taking benefits because that would mean money taken from other people in not so fortunate conditions. But they feel like they are gods or something and have every right to being treated differently.

Sachin no doubt is admired for his cricket, but other than that he has very little to be proud of, he is a very bad MP, absolutely non performing and setting a bad example. He tries his level best to evade taxes, lobbies for illegally got properties , using his power as an MP. There is nothing extra ordinary about him as a person.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sachin is an irregular Parlimentarian is a known fact. But very few are aware of his hid philanthropic activities

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/how-sachin-transformed-an-andhra-pradesh-village/article7054466.ece

There is nothing philanthropic about spending money from the MP fund which anyway he had never used for several years. All the MPs get 2 crore rupees each year for developmental purposes . He knew that he was in the wrong , not attending the parliament nor taking up any developmental projects . When he was repeatedly criticised he took on this project which he made sure got the maximum publicity possible. Not a single rupee has gone into it from his pocket. In my own constituency the elected lok sabha MP has spent every single rupee of the fund allocated and also makes sure that the contractors are paid on time with his own money , rather than make them wait until the fund gets released by the government. But of course since he is not a celebrity sch deeds go unnoticed !

Ok. Even if Sachin spent  from his MP funds, what about those charity cricket matches played  without charging a single penny for the medical expenses of an ailing cancer patient who expressed his  wish to see  Sachin ? When the hospital informed about the Patient's wish, Sachin went to see the patient and extended financial help to the patient's poor and old parents. Such deeds of Sachin were kept secret. It were the parents who disclosed the news.

I think everybody knows about the cancer drive since he had himself tweeted about it , so nothing secret about it ..He has acted in some govt sponsored ads and given some minor donations to slum children which again he gets through his MP fund ..

Not everything spent by Sachin is from MP funds. A retired Cricketer's son was helped  by Sachin for his unfinished education due to poverty. He is a silent Donor and never calls the press to announce his good deeds with pomp. The retired cricketer was an ex Ranji trophy player from my place.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.