Those who enjoy playing Pokemon go is indulging into mad practices. What will the gamers do by catching virtual monsters is out of my understanding. What do you think? Is it really a fun or madness? Sharing a link:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Gamers-rush-to-CP-in-search-of-virtual-monsters/articleshow/53372120.cms 

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I too have been reading various articles on this Pikachu for the last two days. And going by the news, already a few youngsters have lost their lives, two teenagers literally walked off of a cliff in California trying to catch the elusive Pikachu. It is so crazy and insane.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I too have been reading various articles on this Pikachu for the last two days. And going by the news, already a few youngsters have lost their lives, two teenagers literally walked off of a cliff in California trying to catch the elusive Pikachu. It is so crazy and insane.

Yes, everyday you get to read about such insane incidents. It's very similar to selfie craze and people are losing valuable lives.

shampasaid

But this is far more dangerous than just taking selfies. Here the danger of getting addicted to a mindless game is more with children forgetting to do everything else and seeming to bother only about finding the virtual monsters.

To be very frank, I never heard about this game. Because there are no youngsters in my house. If this game endangers lives of youngsters as expressed by the other members, then the Parents should take care not to allow the youngsters to use this game.

I guess there is no end to these inventions and from what I have heard and read some of the escapades have ended dangerously with people getting hurt, beaten up because they discovered a drug haul and what not..On the other hand if it is holiday time and if you play it with a group of friends as a fun filled outdoor activity it might be exciting. One should not get obsessed to the extent your entire life revolves around it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I guess there is no end to these inventions and from what I have heard and read some of the escapades have ended dangerously with people getting hurt, beaten up because they discovered a drug haul and what not..On the other hand if it is holiday time and if you play it with a group of friends as a fun filled outdoor activity it might be exciting. One should not get obsessed to the extent your entire life revolves around it !

Yes, it could be a fun activity when played outdoors on a sunny day, but there is no way one can prevent it from turning into an obsession. Yesterday, Khadakwasla dam in Pune, which is just 8 kilometres from my home was jampacked with teenagers and college students as there was a scheduled pokewalk in this are to find 'water pokemon' A very dangerous thing because the dam is full of water and a great risk to being drowned. But who bothers with that trivial stuff?

Pity.  I wonder How such games and Gadgets are introduced and sold in the market that endanger the lives of the innocents is beyond me. In such conditions, parents should ensure that they are not bought. And there should be strict supervision. Even if the gadget is not in the home, there is a possibility  for the child to play the game in the house of some of his friends.

Although I started this thread, I failed to interact as I am down with viral fever. Thanks to the members who continued this discussion. It's really a risky game and nowadays some parents take such games as fun and allow their children to play it which proves fatal because children do not know when to stop.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.