Today is Rakshbandhan. We celebrate the bond between the brother and sister on this day. Where  the sister prays for lifelong well  being of her brother and the brother in turn promises to stand by and protect his sister under all circumstances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raksha_Bandhan

With the current situation in India, this festival gains more importance. We all need to stand by the daughters of our country. Its the responsibility of each one of us to ensure the security and safety of our daughters. 

I really wish to see our daughters step out of the house without fear.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Happy Raksha bandhan to you . Just now I was viewing in a TV channel news, How different places in India are celebrating Rakhi Festival.

This is sisters' day.  Best wishes to all sisters and brothers on this occasion. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Happy Rakshabandhan to all

Happy rakshabandhan to all. This day is celebrated as Narali Poornima in Maharashtra. On this day, the coastal people worship and offer coconuts to the sea to appease it and from this day on, they venture out into the seas again for fishing which had been stopped for a few months owing to the monsoon season and also because it was the procreation time for the sea organisms.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Happy rakshabandhan to all friends at Boddunan. I hope all of you celebrated with joy .

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Happy Rakshabandan to all those members who celebrate it ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Wish you all brothers and sisters a Happy Rakhshabandhan. Hope the bond between brother and sister remain strong forever. 

The bond and the feeling is generally restricted to the day of celebration only and forgotten after that which is evident by the manner in which some of the Indian men have been raping even small girls and killing them and some top leaders saying boys will be boys ! It is only when you have such a mindset that you need to remind them every now and then that there is something more than lust in relationships that is much more relevant to the society ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with @usha manohar. Even brothers and sisters need to remind that relationship is for life and not for one single day. Fighting for property as well as nurture jealousy mars the true essence of this festival. We all need to respect our relationships first and then only such occasions become truly meaningful.  

shampasaid

I don't think, there should be an exclusive Festival to show that there should be a strong Bond between Brother and Sister. This Bond comes automatically comes. i have a Sister in Hderabad who never tied a Ralhi to me. But our 'Bhai - Bahen' relation is in tact since decades.

Anyhow in Telugu Community ,Rakhi is never celebrated.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.