Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Very rightly said Usha and Shampa Mam. I feel that it is the responsibility of the parents to bring up their kids in a loving atmosphere and remind them about family values and the importance of relationships. Respecting women is another very important trait that we must instill in our sons. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Love between Brothers and Sisters comes naturally, even if the parents do not devote more time to induce Love between the Siblings, this love exists, unless there are a family  disputes on Property etc

rambabu wrote:

I don't think, there should be an exclusive Festival to show that there should be a strong Bond between Brother and Sister. This Bond comes automatically comes. i have a Sister in Hderabad who never tied a Ralhi to me. But our 'Bhai - Bahen' relation is in tact since decades.

Anyhow in Telugu Community ,Rakhi is never celebrated.

Every region has some special festival. I have never tied a rakhi because it is basically not a festival among Bengalies but nowadays many are opting it. Even my niece ties rakhi on the wrists of her brothers. We celebrate Bhai Dooj very pompously but again the same feeling comes to my mind that firstly, we all must respect this relationship wholeheartedly. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I don't think, there should be an exclusive Festival to show that there should be a strong Bond between Brother and Sister. This Bond comes automatically comes. i have a Sister in Hderabad who never tied a Ralhi to me. But our 'Bhai - Bahen' relation is in tact since decades.

Anyhow in Telugu Community ,Rakhi is never celebrated.

Every region has some special festival. I have never tied a rakhi because it is basically not a festival among Bengalies but nowadays many are opting it. Even my niece ties rakhi on the wrists of her brothers. We celebrate Bhai Dooj very pompously but again the same feeling comes to my mind that firstly, we all must respect this relationship wholeheartedly. 

Very rightly said. While I worked in Durgapur Steel Plant in WB and later in Rourkela Steel plant, Odisha, I became familiar with brother and Sister related festivals like Bhai Duj. All the festivals irrespective of the regions will have such festivals. The purpose of such festivals is to strengthen family relations. hence, I think,as long as the purpose is served, there is nothing wrong in observing these festivals in a simple way without much pomp. We know in the name of festivals how people are wasting money unnecessarily.

another reason why i feel we should celebrate all these festivals is to pass on the tradition to our children. Yes we are becoming more and more rational these days. We have reduced the number of rituals we follow, we may have reduced going to temple as well. But we need to pass on legacy to our children. All the festivals and rituals are part of our rich culture, I feel we need to preserve that and also pass it on to the generations to come.

Another reason why we should celebrate these festivities is to give our children memories to look back and make their childhood memorable

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

While agreeing to all of your opinions,what I 'd like to impress upon is Passing on the tradition to next generations by all means can be done in a simple way. No extravagance. No any activity that endangers the  environment like noise pollution with blaring mikes. Playing Filmi Music in full volume even in the dead of the night should be avoided.

Many of the traditions and festivals had undergone lot of changes with the time. In my Child hood, we used celebrate Deepavali with very very less Fire works and crackers. Later on the fire works became a part of the Deepavali . Now these fire works are not limited to Deepavali alone. If a Minister visits your place, there will be fire works.  creating ear splitting noises.

Celebrate, enjoy festivals in such a manner, that these celebrations do not cause any health hazards or inconvenience to others.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I agree with @usha manohar. Even brothers and sisters need to remind that relationship is for life and not for one single day. Fighting for property as well as nurture jealousy mars the true essence of this festival. We all need to respect our relationships first and then only such occasions become truly meaningful.  

True within that family one should make sure that harmony is maintained. I hear some people lose their temper and go overboard when a female member of their family is targeted but will not hesitate to malign and do character assassination on an outsider, particularly young ladies ! To a certain extent I blame the parents who fail to instil the right values in their children..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Love between Brothers and Sisters comes naturally, even if the parents do not devote more time to induce Love between the Siblings, this love exists, unless there are a family  disputes on Property etc

This is a very sweet celebration where the bond between a sweetest relationship is celebrated. Normally, we see that love between siblings and cousins develop automatically but I believe parents have a great role to perform to strengthen this bond. Property friction comes quite late in life but if parents discriminate between boys and girls then this bond gets affected very badly. Thus, parents need to be very impartial in every respect so that the relationship between brothers and sisters grow stronger and stronger with every passing year.     

shampasaid

Thank you said by: rambabu
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

This is a very sweet celebration where the bond between two sweetest relationship is celebrated. Normally, we see that love between siblings and cousins develop automatically but I believe parents have a great role to perform to strengthen this bond. Property friction comes quite late in life but if parents discriminate between boys and girls then this bond gets affected very badly. Thus, parents need to be very impartial in every respect so that the relationship between brothers and sisters grow stronger and stronger with every passing year.     

Exactly.  The love between the siblings need not be imported. It comes naturally, provided the parents play a vital role in developing and growing that love  and lives with them forever.

Go through this link and it will prove why we are becoming so sceptical about the relationships be it of brother and sister or any other.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/2-days-after-rakhi-man-strangles-sister/articleshow/53803297.cms

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.