Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes true Shampa. Couple of months back similar incident happened in Pakistan also. Where the brother killed the Sister because of her modern outlook. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya, why to go to Pakistan when in India we have numerous such incidents. Talk about honour killing and we become doubtful about not only brother's love but regarding father's too. In some cases mothers are involved in heinous crimes. So, true love is a matter of question now among many relationships and in many families.

shampasaid

Recently we had a case in Udipi where a rich business man working in the Gulf disappeared and now a case has been filed against the wife and the son for having killed and burnt his body at home while he had come for his annual vacation. Honestly how can people stoop to such levels ? Relationships are slowly losing sanctity although earlier it was still there but very much under wraps , whereas now everything comes into the open because of the media..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

thats very true. Crime rate has increased many folds in the country. Dont know where we are headed and how we can contribute to make the country safer. And the reason for mentioning Pakistan was because it was a very discussed news in media and social platforms. So that just came to my mind and I mentioned it.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

Yes true Shampa. Couple of months back similar incident happened in Pakistan also. Where the brother killed the Sister because of her modern outlook. 

Honor killings are very well prevalent in India too, especially in remote rural regions.

Divya wrote:

thats very true. Crime rate has increased many folds in the country. Dont know where we are headed and how we can contribute to make the country safer. And the reason for mentioning Pakistan was because it was a very discussed news in media and social platforms. So that just came to my mind and I mentioned it.

You are free to mention any incident and yes, Pakistan incident was very much in news. I pointed out about honour killing in India because Rakhi is an Indian festival. By the way, every such incident that takes place in any corner of the world raises our doubt towards our relationships. 

As @usha manohar pointed out about an incident which has no connection with Rakhi but it clearly indicates, criminality is intruding our precious relationships. 

shampasaid

Brothers killing sisters to protect the so called the honor of their family when girls find their own partners for marriage or fall in love, is very common in some parts of the nation.But other parts of the country too has other such incidents which are equally horrifying. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Brothers killing sisters to protect the so called the honor of their family when girls find their own partners for marriage or fall in love, is very common in some parts of the nation.But other parts of the country too has other such incidents which are equally horrifying. 

True...Also, there are aberrations to all types of relationships. We often read about fathers raping their own daughters, brothers raping their sisters or killing them for so-called honour? of the family! I feel that any kind of affection or love towards one's siblings, parents, relatives has to come from within and is very much influenced by the social conditioning and concept of morality. While we, in educated classes, think of a brother-sister relationship as being pure and untainted, people in economically backward and underprivileged communities think of such relationship in quite a different light.

While sex between siblings is taboo for us, these people take it in a different light. I came to know of this concept while talking to housemaid once, her idea of such a relationship is that, a man who protects and provides for a woman he is not related to by marriage is her brother and she too should consider it her duty to please him as he desires.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I know a woman who in her youth as well as after being an adult used to complain about her elder brother's activity to her father. The brother was a qualified man and very sweet person. He used to smoke and sometimes loved to drink but was never a misbehaved person. He was well respected in his office and extremely loved by his cousins, other family members and friends. His sister has a knack to complain and get him scolded by their father. It took such an ugly turn that brother-sister and father-son relationship went sour. Now, brother is no more as he suffered stroke just a few days before his marriage. I never heard that his sister at all lamented about her misdoings even after her brother's death. She is happily enjoying her brother's savings. Thus, relationships are at stake. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I know a woman who in her youth as well as after being an adult used to complain about her elder brother's activity to her father. The brother was a qualified man and very sweet person. He used to smoke and sometimes loved to drink but was never a misbehaved person. He was well respected in his office and extremely loved by his cousins, other family members and friends. His sister has a knack to complain and get him scolded by their father. It took such an ugly turn that brother-sister and father-son relationship went sour. Now, brother is no more as he suffered stroke just a few days before his marriage. I never heard that his sister at all lamented about her misdoings even after her brother's death. She is happily enjoying her brother's savings. Thus, relationships are at stake. 

This type of incidence is exception, not common in society.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.