Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I know a woman who in her youth as well as after being an adult used to complain about her elder brother's activity to her father. The brother was a qualified man and very sweet person. He used to smoke and sometimes loved to drink but was never a misbehaved person. He was well respected in his office and extremely loved by his cousins, other family members and friends. His sister has a knack to complain and get him scolded by their father. It took such an ugly turn that brother-sister and father-son relationship went sour. Now, brother is no more as he suffered stroke just a few days before his marriage. I never heard that his sister at all lamented about her misdoings even after her brother's death. She is happily enjoying her brother's savings. Thus, relationships are at stake. 

This type of incidence is exception, not common in society.

You may say this type of incident is not often heard but not an exception. We hardly come to know about such incidents because it usually takes place within the four walls of the house.

shampasaid

Since ours is a closed society where many domestic crimes dont get pubicised , one can safely say that we get to hear only 5% of what actually happens..Crimes against women and children is probably the highest in India than anywhere else in the world.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Since ours is a closed society where many domestic crimes dont get pubicised , one can safely say that we get to hear only 5% of what actually happens..Crimes against women and children is probably the highest in India than anywhere else in the world.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I know a woman who in her youth as well as after being an adult used to complain about her elder brother's activity to her father. The brother was a qualified man and very sweet person. He used to smoke and sometimes loved to drink but was never a misbehaved person. He was well respected in his office and extremely loved by his cousins, other family members and friends. His sister has a knack to complain and get him scolded by their father. It took such an ugly turn that brother-sister and father-son relationship went sour. Now, brother is no more as he suffered stroke just a few days before his marriage. I never heard that his sister at all lamented about her misdoings even after her brother's death. She is happily enjoying her brother's savings. Thus, relationships are at stake. 

You may say this type of incident is not often heard but not an exception. We hardly come to know about such incidents because it usually takes place within the four walls of the house.

In Domestic violence, most of the sufferers are women. Victims prefer to suffer silently, than  to seek legal action. This is the state of affairs in the Indian Society. Woman Going to police Station or to a Court is considered as sacrilege in the Indian Society. Luckily, Emancipated women  are daring to come out of this pathetic condition.

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

In Domestic violence, most of the sufferers are women. Victims prefer to suffer silently, than  to seek legal action. This is the state of affairs in the Indian Society. Woman Going to police Station or to a Court is considered as sacrilege in the Indian Society. Luckily, Emancipated women  are daring to come out of this pathetic condition.

This discussion is all about the fragility taking place in our relationships. Nowadays it's a story of almost every family but we love to conceal and try to represent a rosy picture about it. Talking about women as the victim of domestic violence is altogether a different issue. I wrote about the incident to point out how sibling rivalry ruin a family. If males create problem then females are also getting involved in nasty tricks, may be a little less in number.

shampasaid

Raksha Bandhan as a tradition started with the Indus valley civilisation and during Mughal  invasion spread to almost all parts of the country probably because the women felt threatened by the invaders..

http://www.raksha-bandhan.com/raksha-bandhan-in-history.html

I read the story of  the widowed queen of Chittor  sent a Rakhi to Humayun to save her honor  from the invading  Bahadur Shah. Humayun performed his brotherly act saving his sister in a most perfect way. This is how Rakhi is related to History.

@usha manohar Thanks for sharing the link. It's worth reading and may we all learn to stand for our siblings, cousins, and, rakhi brothers and sisters. Let me share a link which focuses on how Tagore used to celebrate Raksha Bandhan:

http://www.india.com/news/india/rakshabandhan-when-rabindranath-tagore-used-the-festival-as-expression-of-solidarity-between-hindu-muslim-524238/

shampasaid

A good info about the Noble Laureate the way in which he used to celebrate Rakhi. for expressing solidarity between and Muslim.

From this one can see, there is no specific way of celebrating Rakhi. These celebrations vary fro Region to Region.

In my State we do not have  festival of Rakhi in our Almanacs.

rambabu wrote:

A good info about the Noble Laureate the way in which he used to celebrate Rakhi. for expressing solidarity between and Muslim.

From this one can see, there is no specific way of celebrating Rakhi. These celebrations vary fro Region to Region.

In my State we do not have  festival of Rakhi in our Almanacs.

As I have mentioned earlier, Rakhi is not a usual affair within Bengali community but is making inroads into it. The celebration is the normal one: sisters tying rakhi on brother's wrist. It is not celebrated on Tagore's formula but I am not aware how it is celebrated in Shantinikatan nowadays. There is a Dance Bangla show on Zee Bangla where during this Raksha Bandhan all the judges, both sexes, tied rakhi on the wrists of every participant. It was good to watch. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.