Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

As far as my knowledge goes Rakhi is celebrated mostly in North India. But now slowly with the increased influence of TV and internet the reach of these festivities is growing. I am in Chennnai, here also now they are celebrating Rakhi festival (in schools for smaller classes)  along with a lot of other regional festivals for the kids to understand the diversity of culture in india.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

A good info about the Noble Laureate the way in which he used to celebrate Rakhi. for expressing solidarity between and Muslim.

From this one can see, there is no specific way of celebrating Rakhi. These celebrations vary fro Region to Region.

In my State we do not have  festival of Rakhi in our Almanacs.

As I have mentioned earlier, Rakhi is not a usual affair within Bengali community but is making inroads into it. The celebration is the normal one: sisters tying rakhi on brother's wrist. It is not celebrated on Tagore's formula but I am not aware how it is celebrated in Shantinikatan nowadays. There is a Dance Bangla show on Zee Bangla where during this Raksha Bandhan all the judges, both sexes, tied rakhi on the wrists of every participant. It was good to watch. 

Yes, though Rakhi is not celebrated here in AP, of late, it's seen that its celebrated like regular festival of AP. Because Vizag is the head quarters of Eastern Naval Command. The Naval employees comprising of all kinds of people from different states staying in different Naval colonies are spreading the festival to the inhabitants of the neighboring colonies. Anyhow, there is nothing wrong in this. Festivals spread good relations with each other.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.