Shooting requires skill and training and we had a large contingent of shooters. Apart from the failure of Bindra the failure of 3 army shooters from the Army school of marksmanship is extremely disturbing. I wonder why in shooting we fared so badly and its a poor reflection on the army shooters( marksmen).

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. Jeetu Roy was one of the Ace shooters who failed on the first day of Shooting event. Why only shooting, barring a few case like Sakshi and Sindhu, our performance is  in a deplorable condition.

Just heard from a news channel even in Wrestling event Tomar was eliminated. The other case was Narsing Yadav;s ban on the charges of Doping

And we are still happy as the name of Jeetu Rai has been recommended for Arjun Award. What did he do to earn such a coveted award which will only make us more easy going. In fact they should concentrate more on their games than Arjun and other Khel ratna awards. Now they will ask for Padma awards based on their performance.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is no link between Rajiv Khel Ratna and Olympics. The former award is based on the earlier performance and success in India in shooting. Any how I' m not supporting Jeetu Roy's failure in Rio. And in the case Of Narsing Yaday who was cleared of his doping charges earlier and now he has been banned for a period of 4 years. Its a mystery.

Were the army shooters really bad or were the not able to compete with the worlds best ? there is a difference I feel ..However, with some effort from our government and sports ministry this can be changed in time ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ M.G.Singh

Were there any shooters from the Army, competing in Shooting events in Rio ? Or Jeetu Rai is from Army ? Please clarify.

usha manohar wrote:

Were the army shooters really bad or were the not able to compete with the worlds best ? there is a difference I feel ..However, with some effort from our government and sports ministry this can be changed in time ..

Usha, the fact that army spends a lot on training the army shooters is a kind of privilege they get over other civilian shooters. That should be enough actually to produce the best shooters in the world. But as we have seen, the shooters failed to win any medals or put up a splendid performance does reflect poorly on the Indian army's training standards.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Usha, the fact that army spends a lot on training the army shooters is a kind of privilege they get over other civilian shooters. That should be enough actually to produce the best shooters in the world. But as we have seen, the shooters failed to win any medals or put up a splendid performance does reflect poorly on the Indian army's training standards.

No doubt they get some special privileges but I am very skeptical about how effective or even at par the training is while compared  with other developed nations. If our armed forces perform it is because of their own passion and patriotism and definitely not because of the training and benefits they have been getting from the government.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's evident that even though the participant is from Army, I's essential for the participant to  measure up to prescribed standards laid out by IOC.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

No doubt they get some special privileges but I am very skeptical about how effective or even at par the training is while compared  with other developed nations. If our armed forces perform it is because of their own passion and patriotism and definitely not because of the training and benefits they have been getting from the government.

Of course I am not debating their passion or patriotism at all. But the fact is that the training provided to the army shooters is at par with the world's best, so my question is, what deters them from proving they are the best?Let us face the fact, the Indians do not have the competitive spirit compared to the others.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Usha @rambabu that's what is my point - give them any number of rewards, awards, money or whatever but unless you give them proper training selecting the right candidates nothing is going to help India go Ga Ga as much as you like for small achievements. The way people react  on small achievements especially the politicians is even more shameful for a country of 1.3 billion.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.