Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Big achievements can not be achieved by inability to achieve simple achievements. Not being able to provide water to a participating athlete all along 42 kms shows not lack of skill but considered disdain towards the athletes by the officials as they are there not because of sports but manipulations and these will see them go unpunished. Sports ministry should be abolished.

By abolishing Sports ministry  will not help in any way. Implementing strict measures in seeing the group members that go along with the contingent must be sincere and see that every necessity  of the Sports person on and off the field are attended to

rambabu wrote:

By abolishing Sports ministry  will not help in any way. Implementing strict measures in seeing the group members that go along with the contingent must be sincere and see that every necessity  of the Sports person on and off the field are attended to

We need dedication, this is sorely missing. Till we have dedicated and motivated officials nothing much can be expected

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

We need dedication, this is sorely missing. Till we have dedicated and motivated officials nothing much can be expected

What you said is true. But, the way in which things are gong, I have my own doubts. I had seen how that Poor Marathon Runner OP. Jaisha fell because she was not provided any water energy drinks by the officials despite designated stations  were given for India. This pathetic scene I had seen on TV a few hours ago. Where is the dedication here ?

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Were the army shooters really bad or were the not able to compete with the worlds best ? there is a difference I feel ..However, with some effort from our government and sports ministry this can be changed in time ..

Usha, the fact that army spends a lot on training the army shooters is a kind of privilege they get over other civilian shooters. That should be enough actually to produce the best shooters in the world. But as we have seen, the shooters failed to win any medals or put up a splendid performance does reflect poorly on the Indian army's training standards.

No doubt they get some special privileges but I am very skeptical about how effective or even at par the training is while compared  with other developed nations. If our armed forces perform it is because of their own passion and patriotism and definitely not because of the training and benefits they have been getting from the government.

Of course I am not debating their passion or patriotism at all. But the fact is that the training provided to the army shooters is at par with the world's best, so my question is, what deters them from proving they are the best?Let us face the fact, the Indians do not have the competitive spirit compared to the others.

In army shooter get training to shoot enemy not a specific target. Shooting in game and in war is some differ.

I agree with Vijai- I read a post somewhere that said in Champion countries there is a professional stadium every five km and in India it is a temple every 2 KM. We PRAY to win and they PLAY to win. The way our media displayed (and went overboard)  was funny as well eye opener for all of us. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The media, people and everybody went overboard and it is funny because the real issues were drowned in this flash in the pan success..I hope that the authorities, the Olympic committee etc wake up from the euphoria??? and concentrate on everything that was not right !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The media, people and everybody went overboard and it is funny because the real issues were drowned in this flash in the pan success..I hope that the authorities, the Olympic committee etc wake up from the euphoria??? and concentrate on everything that was not right !

You may be have hope that Olympic committee etc wake up, But I have not any hope. 

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Were the army shooters really bad or were the not able to compete with the worlds best ? there is a difference I feel ..However, with some effort from our government and sports ministry this can be changed in time ..

Usha, the fact that army spends a lot on training the army shooters is a kind of privilege they get over other civilian shooters. That should be enough actually to produce the best shooters in the world. But as we have seen, the shooters failed to win any medals or put up a splendid performance does reflect poorly on the Indian army's training standards.

No doubt they get some special privileges but I am very skeptical about how effective or even at par the training is while compared  with other developed nations. If our armed forces perform it is because of their own passion and patriotism and definitely not because of the training and benefits they have been getting from the government.

Of course I am not debating their passion or patriotism at all. But the fact is that the training provided to the army shooters is at par with the world's best, so my question is, what deters them from proving they are the best?Let us face the fact, the Indians do not have the competitive spirit compared to the others.

In army shooter get training to shoot enemy not a specific target. Shooting in game and in war is some differ.

In army the sharp shooters pick up specific targets at great distances. They are not ordinary soldiers. You can read more about sharp shooters or snipers to know that they a just like marksmen and get special training at ranged to perfect their aim. See the movie 'enemy at the gates' to know about snipers

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Yes shooting training for army and player will be different. the purpose of both are not similar. Comparisons are unfair.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.