Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The aggression which she showed at the time of the match was the key in getting her to this level. We all indians must be really happy. Well played Sindhu. 

Want to make each day Accountable

That is an Attacking Game. Though some players prefer Defensive game, I have seen Aggressive game pays dividends mostly who have a tall structure. If one watches Sindhu's Game especially with the Japanese player , most of her points were the result of her attacking Game.

A 18 years old girl,  "Yusra Mardini" participating in Rio Olympics in 2016 representing, "no country"

Yusra not representing any country, she is representing the “Refugee Camp” Yes, you read it right. She has no country and no home of her own!!! She was originally from Syria. She lost everything in the war.

She ran away from the country along with her sister, somehow saving themselves from the prying eyes of the terrorists, police and army. Both of them somehow managed to travel through Damsakas, Beirut, Lebanon and Turkey. They wanted to go to Germany via Greece. 

To reach to the coast of Greece they had to travel through a small boat. The boat was small just enough to accommodate 6 persons, but almost 20 persons were boarded on to it. The luck was not in their favor. The engine of the boat stopped working in the middle of the sea and there was no one around to help. To add to their difficulty, only four persons, in the boat knew how to swim – Yusra, her sister and two men.

Four of them took a brave decision; they decided to pull the boat till the coast!!! It was about to get dark, the sea was stormy and the water was freezing cold. Soon the two men and Yusra’s sister got fatigued and they gave up. Yusra, didn’t. She told herself “I am a swimmer, and it’s not right that I die in the water. After all, why did I learn swimming? There can’t be a better time than now to swim. I must swim to save these lives too.”

17 year old Yusra, didn’t give up. In that ice cold water, she swam for 3 hours and reached to the coast. She saved 20 lives. But her troubles were not yet over, she had to reach to Germany.

She and her sister didn’t have warm clothes, no shoes, but they didn’t give up. Both of them travelled through Greece, Serbia and Hungary to reach Germany. 

She was living in Germany as a Refugee. Her passion for swimming didn’t let her sit quietly. She got hold of a local person who could speak Egyptian and German and managed to get entry in to a local Swimming Club. When the coach there saw her swimming skills, he just couldn’t say NO.

Yusra, is now participating in 2016 Olympics at Rio, She is not representing any country. She is a part of 10 member team, playing as “Refugee Camp” under the Olympic flag.

In spite of all odds, even seeing the death in front of her, this 18 years old girl, Yusra didn’t give up.

Yusra, is an inspiration to many !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I remember to have seen this contingent of Refugees, on the inauguration day of Rio Olympics. on TV. Such examples of Bravery and undying spirit of shooting ahead, despite barricades and Blockades will remain in the hearts of all.She certainly would be a fountain of inspiration to all.

This is precisely what going overboard means..both states failed to give the required assistance to the starving farmers quoting they had no funds but ..no doubt Sindhu needs to be honored but this .. two house sites two job offers , two cash rewards in competition!!!!

http://m.indiatvnews.com/sports/other-telangana-ap-showers-cash-rewards-on-olympic-silver-medallist-pv-sindhu-344579?utm_source=https://m.facebook.com/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

For her win in the Olympics, Sindhu needs such Incentives. This win was  not an ordinary win. No woman athlete has gone up to finals in Olympics. Had she been offered these Crores and Villas before the Olympics, it certainly is wrong precedence. And it should be Known that what Sindhu earned through Awards and incentives will be used for the development of badminton in India along with her Guru Gopichand.

Its these rewards which will be a motivation for others to follow. She definitely deserves it for her dedication and hard work. Its her moment of glory, let her bask in it :)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Since both of you missed the point I was trying to make , I leave it at that..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

This is precisely what going overboard means..both states failed to give the required assistance to the starving farmers quoting they had no funds but ..no doubt Sindhu needs to be honored but this .. two house sites two job offers , two cash rewards in competition!!!!

http://m.indiatvnews.com/sports/other-telangana-ap-showers-cash-rewards-on-olympic-silver-medallist-pv-sindhu-344579?utm_source=https://m.facebook.com/

That is exactly what is wrong with our country, no one understands the correct priorities and no one understands the limits of both adulation and hatred! Let her lose a few matches, then see how she is dropped like hot brick!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is exactly what is wrong with our country, no one understands the correct priorities and no one understands the limits of both adulation and hatred! Let her lose a few matches, then see how she is dropped like hot brick!

Exactly the point I was making Kalyani..the problem in our society is a lack of balanced thinking which many a times clouds our good judgment 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.