Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Divya wrote:

Its these rewards which will be a motivation for others to follow. She definitely deserves it for her dedication and hard work. Its her moment of glory, let her bask in it :)

I agree with you Divya. What Sindhu  has achieved in Rio is not an ordinary achievement. To become the First Indian woman to win a Silver in Olympics is not everybody's Cup pf Tea. Moved by this, no less than PM said, " You are the darling Daughter of India." And Sindhu deserves it by all means.

Rewards and Incentives pouring in on Sindhu are nothing before Sindhu's Achievement. It's due to One Sakshi and and one Sindhu, the list of medal winning countries is able to Display India's name.

One more notable thing about Sindhu is her sportsman spirit. After the final, she went ahead and congratulated her opponent Maria before she even went to her coach and physio. I liked and appreciate that gesture very much. Another very subtle gesture that goes on to show how level headed she is - after the match when she congratulated her opponent, she even moved her opponents racket from the floor to the bag. I was very touched by that gesture from Sindhu. Not sure how many noted that tough.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

We Indians find such common etiquette that is mandatory at international sports events noteworthy because most parents think it shallow and dont train our children to follow social manners. It is basic courtesy and expected of any player to first congratulate the winner, if they dint do so, it would reflect badly on them and the nation they represent.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True. I noticed this incident on NDTV on that Day of Finals. This once again proves Sindhu is true Sports women to the core. She made everyone in India proud.

I think it was noteworthy because she crossed the nets went to opponent side and then congratulated her opponent. If you have been watching tennis matched you would notice that the courtesy hand shake after the match happens across the net with both players standing on their own side of the court. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

There is no hard and fast rule as to how you congratulate the winner either across the net , over the net or go on to their side...It has to be done and thats what is expected of players either in tennis, or in shuttle badminton. I guess most of us watch games and have that basic knowledge on courtesy ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I know its too late to congratulate her, but after all whatever she did was mind boggling and I wish that she continue this type of performance in the next Olympic also.

sdfafa

I don't know if she continue this trend until next Olympics. But , there is nothing wrong in wishing success, may be a Gold medal in next Olympics to be held in Tokyo.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.