Dana Majhi had to carry the body of his dead wife. The Hospital denied him a hearse Van  because he did not have Money to pay for it..

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/08/25/for-a-man-who-had-to-carry-his-wifes-dead-body-for-10-kilometre/?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A slap on the face of the person who filmed it too instead of giving him a hand and embarrassing him and his daughter. One could see they were both uncomfortable already suffering the humiliation meted out by a heartless society that we live in. It is the duty if every human being to help out. WhTever the intention the person who filmed it had, he has failed in his duty as much as the hospital and the society. A picture would have been enough to highlight the plight of that poor man and the young girl  instead of the lengthy coverage..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true.  One who   captures this horrifying incident, instead of giving a helping hand or informing the concerned authorities to end this poor man's travails is the real culprit. But luckily,  after the man covered  a distance of 10 Km out of of 60 miles, some  pedestrians on the road  alerted the nearest hospital  authorities, who sent the Mortuary van to the man to his destination.

this video goes on to show how heartless the society has become. More than helping a person in distress people are more interested in the capturing that sharing it on social media platforms. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Kalahandi district Collector Brundha D, said it was Majhi who did not wait for a vehicle to be arranged. The reality is a new Ambulance was parked on the Hospital premises. But this Ambulance was supposed to be inaugurated by a  VIP. That's why Majhi was denied of the Ambulance. The real culprit is Poverty it seems.

sad but true money and power are the driving forces in the Indian society today. If you have the money and power you can do anything and without that you are nothing. Reminds me of a forwarded message where "love tells money - you are just a piece of paper" and money replies "i may a just a piece of paper, but i have never seen the face of the dustbin"

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

A good example  to illustrate Money Power. World kneels down  before Money power. This is how the the world goes.

usha manohar wrote:

A slap on the face of the person who filmed it too instead of giving him a hand and embarrassing him and his daughter. One could see they were both uncomfortable already suffering the humiliation meted out by a heartless society that we live in. It is the duty if every human being to help out. WhTever the intention the person who filmed it had, he has failed in his duty as much as the hospital and the society. A picture would have been enough to highlight the plight of that poor man and the young girl  instead of the lengthy coverage..

Exactly what I felt on reading this news. Why should only the government do everything? The people who filmed and photographed him in full misery of his situation and wrote articles about it, why didn't they come forward to help him out?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Why should you shoot the messenger always. Because of the vedeo an awareness has been created. Typical  arm chair advisors.

Why should you shoot the messenger always. Because of the vedeo an awareness has been created. Typical  arm chair advisors.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Exactly what I felt on reading this news. Why should only the government do everything? The people who filmed and photographed him in full misery of his situation and wrote articles about it, why didn't they come forward to help him out?

In fact, there was an ambulance parked on the premises of the hospital. But that was yet to be inaugurated by a VIP. That's why Majhi was refused  the Ambulance, but he was asked to wait for some time. But majhi was in a hurry to fulfill the last wish of his wife to perform the last rites in her native place, located 60 Km away.. After covering a distance of 10 Km ,  a few Government employees happened to see  Majhi walking towards his native place with his wife's dead body. It were only after  those Government employees complaint  to the collector, Majhi could get Ambulance.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.