Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@Vijay, What kind of awareness is the messenger creating here?  and why call us arm chair advisors when this type of act is becoming a norm everywhere. Picturise the shameful acts even though they may be very embarrassing for the victims involved, not step forward to help themselves and then bash the government!!! Is that what will create so-called awareness?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

@Vijay, What kind of awareness is the messenger creating here?  and why call us arm chair advisors when this type of act is becoming a norm everywhere. Picturise the shameful acts even though they may be very embarrassing for the victims involved, not step forward to help themselves and then bash the government!!! Is that what will create so-called awareness?

Exactly my thoughts Kalyani ! As a lay person I express my own thoughts as to what I would do when I come across something like that, definitely give a helping hand , which would be the most practical thing to do. I remember an instance when a media person was asked about something like this as to why he did not help when a few people were beating up one person and almost killing him - by at least  raising an alarm.  He said coolly that he was a journalist and its his duty to record and report ! wonder what planet they come from? aren't they human beings first ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

A shameful statement from that Journalist. First of all, before anything else, he should know he  is a human being. I have seen a very few people, who are proactive and act positively to do what's needed to be done in such situations.

This goes on to show how selfish and insensitive we have become. And these people are in a way our window to the world (since they bring us the news.) 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Man in general is Selfish by nature. He sees and thinks  every thing in terms of 'I'. But, it should not be taken as a general behavior in all humans. There are and there will be always exceptions. I witnessed how some people going out of the way, even at the risk of their own lives to lend a helping hand to the needy and to the distressed.

Yes true there are some people who go out of the way to help others, while there are some other extremists like this journalist here would do anything but help. But i think the vast majority will just act ignorant and go on with their way as if nothing happened. We need to bring about a change in their attitude. 

I agree. But to bring in a change in the attitude of man  requires lot of efforts . The change should come from within.. This nature of Selfishness is ingrained in every Blood cell of humans. One should remember that one day, he may have to pass through such situation. If you help today the needy. tomorrow some one will reciprocate  and help you tomorrow in your difficulties.

again a similar incident. I could not bring myself to watch the video. My heart goes out to the father. May God give him strength. 

The worst part is the Minister say "Whoever is guilty will not be spared." he is the first person to be punished for the state not having proper health care facilities. 

http://www.ndtv.com/kanpur-news/12-year-old-died-on-fathers-shoulder-carried-from-hospital-to-hospital-in-kanpur-1452156

Before the pathetic scene of a man carrying the dead body of his wife, melted away, another tragic situation appeared before us. The tragedy highlights once again the poor state of health care in almost all states of the Country.

rambabu wrote:

Very true.  One who   captures this horrifying incident, instead of giving a helping hand or informing the concerned authorities to end this poor man's travails is the real culprit. But luckily,  after the man covered  a distance of 10 Km out of of 60 miles, some  pedestrians on the road  alerted the nearest hospital  authorities, who sent the Mortuary van to the man to his destination.

It is story of everyday. here is Rajasthan one patient died because attendent said that I don't know how to change oxygen gas cyclnder.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.