Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

Not just not appreciated, the brainy students who speak out and stand out from the rest are ridiculed. Probably the teachers feel insulted to know that the student is far smarter than them so to cover up their own lack, they put down the student  instead of helping and encouraging them. I have seen this happen..

Yes, I can totally relate to that. I have that experience with my son's school.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Not just not appreciated, the brainy students who speak out and stand out from the rest are ridiculed. Probably the teachers feel insulted to know that the student is far smarter than them so to cover up their own lack, they put down the student  instead of helping and encouraging them. I have seen this happen..

Yes, I can totally relate to that. I have that experience with my son's school.

Yes Kalyani, I too had personal experience of this with my son. He was never a book worm where studies were concerned but was a voracious reader and would borrow all kinds of books from the school library and the librarian would always criticize his choice if books because they were not part of the studies. He was into debates and music. The school was fine with debates since he was winning almost all of them, state level, even went on International debates .. but music was never encouraged because it was Guitar he liked to play . However, I made sure that he got a guitar and learnt the basics  and also told him to go right ahead and read whatever he liked rather than limit himself..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

MIT has a culture of nurturing such talent which is not their in rule driven India.Imagine if she is admitted into a college in India without 12 th exam, how other parents would fight tooth and nail and even move courts. So culture of innovation is first to be created then such developments can happen here.

Culture of innovation is the last thing that exists in the Indian culture. Indians are experts in basking in the glory of the Past

usha manohar wrote:

total agree with you here. Not only teachers but even family and friends try the same. Either because of their own insecurity or even jealousy that the other may gain more importance. Again comes to the selfish nature of people.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

MIT has a culture of nurturing such talent which is not their in rule driven India.Imagine if she is admitted into a college in India without 12 th exam, how other parents would fight tooth and nail and even move courts. So culture of innovation is first to be created then such developments can happen here.

Culture of innovation is the last thing that exists in the Indian culture. Indians are experts in basking in the glory of the Past

I think its not that the culture does not exist. But on the contrary as @vijay has said in most cases its not required. Its not that people in india lack ideas instead either they dont think its necessary, in the sense they are happy with how things are going and dont require a change. Again any innovation to be implemented may need funds, concurrence from the stake holders and also is likely to have a risk involved ( all innovations cant be successful some would definitely fail too). So all these lead of the death of the innovative ideas.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Ridiculing a student or heckling, even employees in Work places is not an uncommon thing. When i was working in an Public Limited company, it was always my habit to carry books with me related to my profession in Advertising and allied subjects. I know how my own colleagues used to ridicule me by saying, 'There goes Sir Isaac newton."

Culture is necessary. But people should know , where it should be used and where not to be used.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.