Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

I live in Mumbai, Maharashtra, stayed all my life here. Kalyani described very well about Maharashtra so nothing much for me to say. But there is lot to talk about Mumbai.

I like to be in Mumbai since I grew up here. The thing I like about Mumbai is diversity of people, u will find people from all around India. Hence we are able to speak pretty much most of the languages - Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Marwadi, and urdu to some extend. However it is still difficult to understand tamil and kannada language. 

The street food in Mumbai is very tasty as well. People here love 'Vada Pav, Pani Puri, Sev Puri,' etc... Even there are variety of restuarants here for different culture oriented people. 

The other thing I like being in Mumbai is fast life, People are always doing some or the other work, most of the people are busy here, however during longweekends we like to pass the time out of the city

Mumbai is one of the best cities in the world, :) of course, next to only Pune bowtie.png But I love Mumbai and we often visit every few months to visit the art galleries and the Prince of Wales Museum. But besides the fast life, shopping experiences, food etc. Mumbai has a unique character of its own which I have not found in most other cities. In spite of what is said about people of Mumbai being too selfish, not stopping to help others, I have actually found them more helping and considerate of others. Although I would not like to live in Mumbai, I still love the city. Where in Mumbai do you live?

Very true Kalyani... People from Mumbai are very cooperative. In my apartment complex there are numerous people from gujrat, banglore, and other parts of India, but we all live as family, never felt we are of different culture. We consider ourselves as Mumbaites.

I live in Dahisar. very close to borivali.. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Bajirao wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

I live in Mumbai, Maharashtra, stayed all my life here. Kalyani described very well about Maharashtra so nothing much for me to say. But there is lot to talk about Mumbai.

I like to be in Mumbai since I grew up here. The thing I like about Mumbai is diversity of people, u will find people from all around India. Hence we are able to speak pretty much most of the languages - Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Marwadi, and urdu to some extend. However it is still difficult to understand tamil and kannada language. 

The street food in Mumbai is very tasty as well. People here love 'Vada Pav, Pani Puri, Sev Puri,' etc... Even there are variety of restuarants here for different culture oriented people. 

The other thing I like being in Mumbai is fast life, People are always doing some or the other work, most of the people are busy here, however during longweekends we like to pass the time out of the city

Mumbai is one of the best cities in the world, :) of course, next to only Pune bowtie.png But I love Mumbai and we often visit every few months to visit the art galleries and the Prince of Wales Museum. But besides the fast life, shopping experiences, food etc. Mumbai has a unique character of its own which I have not found in most other cities. In spite of what is said about people of Mumbai being too selfish, not stopping to help others, I have actually found them more helping and considerate of others. Although I would not like to live in Mumbai, I still love the city. Where in Mumbai do you live?

Very true Kalyani... People from Mumbai are very cooperative. In my apartment complex there are numerous people from gujrat, banglore, and other parts of India, but we all live as family, never felt we are of different culture. We consider ourselves as Mumbaites.

I could relate to that since my daughter lives and works as a Architectural Project Manager in Mumbai since a year. Initially, she hated the dirt and the crowded streets etc having studied and lived in Australia before that. But now she loves the city with all its shortcomings because of its vibrancy and the attitude of the people who according to her are very cool. I have always loved Mumbai and have been visiting it every now and then.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Bajirao wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

:) True Mumbai spirit. I guess you live close to the Borivali National Park, I have been in that area. But we visit Worli and Fort areas very often.

Save

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

I could relate to that since my daughter lives and works as a Architectural Project Manager in Mumbai since a year. Initially, she hated the dirt and the crowded streets etc having studied and lived in Australia before that. But now she loves the city with all its shortcomings because of its vibrancy and the attitude of the people who according to her are very cool. I have always loved Mumbai and have been visiting it every now and then.

I am not a Mumbaikar but whenever I visited Mumbai I liked it. Though traffic jam is a big issue there, I liked the carefree attitude of the city. I have my close relatives there and so visit to the city becomes quite special. Siddhi Vinayak Temple is a must watch spot along with Juhu beach, Marine Drive (Queen's Necklace), Haji Ali, and so many more.  

shampasaid

I have never been to Mumbai..But i feel Mumbai is everyone's dream city because of the celebrities too. I know you dont bump into the actors/actresses every now and then but still when you look from outside, you are still sharing the city with the who's who of the film fraternity. And thats a big thing. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

I have never been to Mumbai..But i feel Mumbai is everyone's dream city because of the celebrities too. I know you dont bump into the actors/actresses every now and then but still when you look from outside, you are still sharing the city with the who's who of the film fraternity. And thats a big thing. 

You are right to some extent, but frankly speaking we common man from Mumbai don't really care about the celebrities. Having being lived in Mumbai for so many years, I haven't got chance to see any bib celebrities here. its a only big fade for someone outside Mumbai. We are not very crazy about them..

@ Shampa Sadhya 

I am not a Mumbaikar but whenever I visited Mumbai I liked it. Though traffic jam is a big issue there, I liked the carefree attitude of the city. I have my close relatives there and so visit to the city becomes quite special. Siddhi Vinayak Temple is a must watch spot along with Juhu beach, Marine Drive (Queen's Necklace), Haji Ali, and so many more. 

Mumbai has a lot to offer to the tourists. Just strolling around the city itself is a great experience. I love walking through the Colaba causeway, gateway,fort areas. Lots of second hand books and vibrant life around.. plenty of restaurants too which are so affordable. In fact Mumbai is one city you would want to visit again and again

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I did not visit Mumbai. But I visited Chennai. I prefer Hyderabad too. I prefer Hyderabad because of their  links with ancestral origins. I love to visit again and again Golconda fort. only to see how it should against the invasions of Mughals. The half broken, dented huge doors are still remaining. And the water supply system through Clay pipes to the Fort, that's located very high on a Mountain.

Another aspect I love in Hyderabad is the language, a combo of half Telugu and half crude Urdu 

Very Interesting topic. Today much more about members. I born in Rajasthan and since then I am living here. My city is adjoining to Pakistan border. Economy of my area is based of framing. Rajashtan is a colorful state. Here language, clothing and eating habits changed after every 100 Km. Rajasthan is peaceful state and well known tourist destination. 

anil wrote:

Very Interesting topic. Today much more about members. I born in Rajasthan and since then I am living here. My city is adjoining to Pakistan border. Economy of my area is based of framing. Rajashtan is a colorful state. Here language, clothing and eating habits changed after every 100 Km. Rajasthan is peaceful state and well known tourist destination. 

I know about Rajasthan's beuty

http://www.transindiatravels.com/rajasthan/tourist-places-to-visit-in-rajasthan/

Jaipur, Udaipur, Udaipor, Jaisalmer to name a few.

Jaipur

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.