The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

From Today, R Jio will be available to the Public for a free trial for a month. Reliance has stuck to its word, Jio would be newest revolution in the Telecom Sphere

Another interesting fwd msg on reliance jio... Posted here as received

Some technical shit: Reliance Jio is a truly IP based 4G network that uses a packet switched network for making phone calls and receiving calls compared to dedicated circuit switched networks used by legacy carriers(idea, Airtel etc.). They prefer to call it by the adorable name of ‘VoLTE’ (a.k.a. Voice over LTE). Many of the existing Jio users might be familiar with this terminology.

Is them unlimited free calls really free?

As I already said, it’s not. VoLTE uses a Internet Protocol based Packet Switched Network to make outgoing calls and Incoming calls. And for doing the same, VoLTE consumes your data from your plan. Now, well assuming a single channel of audio has got is gonna take up 500KB per minute; to have a full duplex call, you’re consuming about,

500KB + 500KB = 1MB per minute from your data plan.

>>More shocking reveal towards the end.

And all other major cellular carries around the world who does have a VoLTE enabled voice calling feature including AT&T and Verizon are not charging any penny from the users as minutes. Instead, they’re in-turn getting the money by terms of net data consumed.

Is it really Rs.50/GB?

Their announced data tariff doesn't say so. The minimum amount that one needs to spend per month towards having a Jio connection is Rs.149. Now lets see what you get with it:

Yehp. Rs.149 gives you .3GB and 100SMS. Now what is the cost per GB of that basic plan? Lets do the math:

149/0.3 = Rs.450/GB!

Now what does the top tier Rs.4999 data plan gives you? Neglect the free WiFi part. Who want’s what? Math again:

4999/75 = Rs.66.653/GB!

Now the question is who’s ready to Rs.4999 every month on cellular data? Not me. For month’s I’m used to BSNL’s COMBO125 plan which gives me,

177 Minutes to any network in any proximity without consuming my data.200MB of 3G DATA that won’t vanish just like that.100 free SMS to any network in any proximity

Which is very comparable to what Jio is offering as basic except for vanishing data speeds and vanishing data every time I make a call.

So how much does it really cost you to make a call in Jio?

Considering the base plan which costs you Rs.149 which would be very comparable to the amount many of you would be spending monthly on your data and minutes; per GB of data is costing you 450rupees.

Cost per MB = 0.45 paisa Assuming a net of 1MB of data consumption per minute, Cost per minute = 1 * 0.45 paisa = 0.45paisa/minute.

>>Here comes the shittiest part, you’ll need to be spending the exact same amount on receiving calls as well. 

Rs.0.45paisa/minute for receiving calls? 

Are you good with 300MB/300minutes of incoming/outgoing calls for 149rupees? Or are you really ready to pay Rs.499/month at Rs.124.75/GB? It’s upto you.

That said half of this is mere speculation, we need to see the actual service rolling out by January 2017. It’s upto Jio to decide weather to meter or un-meter the VoLTE data consumed.

Choose wisely. Don’t be fooled.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Reliance Jio 4G full services are available now. Here is a look at Tariffs, Pre paid plans and more. RIL has made it very clear , both local and STD voice calls and Roaming charges within India

http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/mobile-tabs/reliance-jio-4g-full-services-from-tomorrow-everything-you-need-to-know-data-plans-jio-4g-sim-jio-apps-3013459/

I have upgraded my CDMA sim to 4g sim freely. I have used the sim card in my 3g tab and getting a pretty good speed.  After upgrading they gave free data and calls for one month on trail basis. But now from 5 sep 2016, again I am using reliance services freely. Now watching this many of my friends decided to change their operator and get the reliance gio sim.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

I have upgraded my CDMA sim to 4g sim freely. I have used the sim card in my 3g tab and getting a pretty good speed.  After upgrading they gave free data and calls for one month on trail basis. But now from 5 sep 2016, again I am using reliance services freely. Now watching this many of my friends decided to change their operator and get the reliance gio sim.

Are you on postpaid or prepaid. Sorry but did you try a speed test, what speed are u getting?

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

So, it further proves that what Reliance Jio has assured its users about  its tariff and other features are right.

The reactions have been varied,..some are very positive about JIO, but not all! However, JIO had made other service providers do a rethink and come up with offers. BSNL has already announced that it would look at its own tariff and concentrate on providing better service

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

BSNL also  announced a National unlimited 3G Mobile data plan for Rs.1099. There are chances of  Airtel revenue likely to be hit. I think in one way this competition  is good. The consumers will be benefited.

Same goes for airtel too. For post paid it has reduced the data tariff. For prepaid customers they have introduced reduced tariffs for users who are willing to pay upfront for 6 or 12 months. Clearly a business tactics to retain the client base. 

Agreed.  Now after the Reliance Jio's Tariff is released., other players started reducing the Tariff Rates. This certainly happens. After all this is a question of Survival.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.