Link to a heart touching letter by Amitabh Bachchan to his granddaughters

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/amitabh-bachchan-letter-to-aaradhya-navya-naveli-is-a-must-read-for-every-girl-3014245/lite/&ved=0ahUKEwj197nl9vfOAhXBv48KHb_NAIoQiJQBCBswAA&usg=AFQjCNGXOhNkqzhrPxL3INhwBFCyqf8P-A&sig2=Yk-jbiSykBhtBWQ3P9W5rA

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thanks. 

Actually, the letter written to his Grand daughters do not restrict to only his Grand daughters, but to all Grand daughters. In this letter he advises both his Grand daughters in particular and to all grand daughters in general.The gist of the letters is The gender issues getting so much play in India yet crimes against women are on the increase.

Precisely the reason why I shared it here

Amitabh Bachchan further advises to make their own choices, in the light of their own wisdom. The thought and fear, "Log Kya Kahenge"should be erased out of their mind. A great great Grand Pa indeed !!!

Amitabh Bachchan, Amitabh Bachchan letter, Amitabh Bachchan aaradhya, Navya Naveli, Navya Naveli amitabh

I read the letter in the newspaper today and felt that every word is so apt. The point is for his grand daughters life is a bed of roses so they would not bother what people will say but girls coming from ordinary background fail to ignore the remarks and all. To do so, every elderly person has to stand behind their girls and give them courage to defy all odds coming their way.    

shampasaid

That's exactly  what the Big B highlighted. By saying not to be complacent because of their Surnames. " Bachchan". And to be cautious against atrocities perpetrated by the Bad elements in the Society. "Be on your own  and protect yourselves" is what, they are supposed to do for their own good..

After reading about ths in the newspaper the first thing that stuck me was the glaring omission he has made and thereby showing his patriarchal mindset, which is well known. In daughter Shwetas case both Bachans and Nandas are represented. How ever, Aishwariya too cones from a highly educated background, has parents who are as illustrious in the Bunt community of Mangalore, her father Krishnsraj Rai being a merchant navy officer and both parents well respected in the community and in the region . He has not made any mention of them which is unfair..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The important message Amitabh wanted to convey is his grand daughters should form their own opinions, especially on Women's atrocities taking place in the present society.  it's up to them to challenge and change the staid notions that society will impose on them,

Well I don't need to be spoon fed about what Amitabh intended to convey, I have enough sense to understand..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.