Is classical music still has bright future for students in India?

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Classical music of different regions and Gharanas will be there for ever. For students of the classical Music certainly have a bright future.

I think due to modern western music very less children show interest on classical music.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

That depends on the environment and the student's taste and orientation towards classical Music. My own Grand daughter is getting trained for Karnataka Sangeetam in a local Music College.

Lot of traditional art forms in art and music are being revived now a days, if not in a the same pure form but rather in and as what they call fusion. But that i think is how it will be with the changing times, society and the culture. So i would say Yes it does have a bright future. But in the same breath i don't not know if its a good career option. It would be big gamble to take it up as career.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Music as a career is definitely a good option. Jobs opportunities in both Government and Private Music Colleges are good. Only thing required is talent and genuine interest , sincerity and a willingness to work hard can guarantee a Big success in the field of Music.

I will not agree with you completely here. Big success in music - i think needs a bit of luck as well. The number of opportunities are pretty less. I say this because I have a family friend. He did MA music from Kerala University and was the rank holder. I mean 1st rank in the state. He was felicitated by his college n all. But then he did not have good employment opportunities and he was forced to join his father in business. Having said that there have been a lot of musicians who have made it big also after having started from humble beginings.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

What i said is my from my  own experience. Yes, there are limited opportunities in some places. In order to get suitable jobs one has to be prepared for leaving one's own place and go in search  of a job where there is a better opportunity. My family friend who hails from Vizag could not get a Job as a Lecturer  in Karnataka Music. He went to Tamil Nadu and ultimately got the Job in Chennai. Again it depends on genre of Music. An exponent in Karnataka Music may not get a job in a Northern State where Hindustani musicians are preferred.

My son learns music. He has completed his fifth year and have to wait for the sixth year until he completes his 10th. He is not that keen to learn classical music and neither folk songs. He loves Rabindra Sangeet and very specific Bollywood songs and bhajans too. The songs which appeals to his ears become his favourite. Sufi songs attract him a lot. If one is strong at PR then opening a small music school can give a good return because now parents are also taking interest in putting their child in music schools. Thanks to all the talent hunt shows and in such programmes every genre is given importance.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

My son learns music. He has completed his fifth year and have to wait for the sixth year until he completes his 10th. He is not that keen to learn classical music and neither folk songs. He loves Rabindra Sangeet and very specific Bollywood songs and bhajans too. The songs which appeals to his ears become his favourite. Sufi songs attract him a lot. If one is strong at PR then opening a small music school can give a good return because now parents are also taking interest in putting their child in music schools. Thanks to all the talent hunt shows and in such programmes every genre is given importance.

I too love Robindra Sangeet. When I was working in Rourkela Steel Plat, in Odisha, my neigbor was a Bengali who was an exponent in Robindre Sangeet.

I am not agree with you because today most of  Indians like Western music as well as culture so this is not good for our children's and I want to say lots of comptition occure in music and dancing activities so try some new for the bright future our children's.Thank you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.