Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:

I never read any where that Bhart was not eligible for throne. But it is right that women is enemy of women. Before few days ago one daughter-in-law of a reputed family of Jaipur killed her 4 month old female baby. She said I wants son so I killed it. Other member of family said that he have not any problem with newly born baby.

Such examples are quite rampant. May be all the baby daughters do not get killed but get ignored by the family. In many families educated couples yearn to have a baby boy even after they have already been blessed with two daughters. The age old concept that son carry forward the legacy is still prevalent in many which make the people take some grievous steps but yes not all become a killer as the one example you have shared.    

shampasaid

I have different take on whole concept of woman being the biggest enemy of another woman. For me there is nothing wrong in that because there is always a competition and rivalry between similar people. For a man also the biggest enemy will be a man. For a child the biggest enemy would be someone of the same age group or gender. But its because we always refer to women as talkative, gossiping type that this becomes a big issue.

As long as its within certain limits its permissible, its when things go over board that it starts creating a problem. Even in case of mother in law and daughter in law, its the constant need to establish the superiority and control over the family which causes the problem many a times. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

I have different take on whole concept of woman being the biggest enemy of another woman. For me there is nothing wrong in that because there is always a competition and rivalry between similar people. For a man also the biggest enemy will be a man. For a child the biggest enemy would be someone of the same age group or gender. But its because we always refer to women as talkative, gossiping type that this becomes a big issue.

As long as its within certain limits its permissible, its when things go over board that it starts creating a problem. Even in case of mother in law and daughter in law, its the constant need to establish the superiority and control over the family which causes the problem many a times. 

Your take is fine and it's a natural process that comparison takes place among equals only but in this thread it is not about healthy competition. It highlights enmity and we all know it can never be healthy but has to be ugly. When something stands for competition then it has to be managed intelligently but when there is hatred then there can be a huge loss if not controlled at the proper time.

shampasaid

The society is male dominated. There is inbuilt bias against women and the women are also not free from this. Mothers also favor sons more than daughters. The mother in law is happier when she gets a grandson rather than a grand daughter. These are social causes why women are also women's enemies. another cause is jealousy. There is jealousy between sisters in law as well as among co wives. 'Sautiya daah' (co wives jealousy) is well known.  also in love triangles, a girl is pitted against another one for winning common lover.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:

I never read any where that Bhart was not eligible for throne. But it is right that women is enemy of women. Before few days ago one daughter-in-law of a reputed family of Jaipur killed her 4 month old female baby. She said I wants son so I killed it. Other member of family said that he have not any problem with newly born baby.

Such examples are quite rampant. May be all the baby daughters do not get killed but get ignored by the family. In many families educated couples yearn to have a baby boy even after they have already been blessed with two daughters. The age old concept that son carry forward the legacy is still prevalent in many which make the people take some grievous steps but yes not all become a killer as the one example you have shared.

I am agree with you, it is exception. But in North India cases of female baby fetus killing is much more that other part of country. And it is not possible without consent of woman. Condition in Haryana so crucial that they are buying girls for marriage from other states.   

The problem with the society is that mans superior strength becomes the bench mark for everything. They get paid more for the same kind of job and this happens even in the developed countries because it is presumed that women are unable to work as hard because they are physically weaker. In our households , parents especially the mother dins it into the head of the daughter that she can never be like her brother. Many things that boys do naturally are denied to the girls by the mother.This is because of conditioning which they inherit through their own upbringing..Women consider themselves inferior to men in our society and when another woman tries to break away, they try with all their might to discourage her !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is the reason I say that woman is the biggest enemy of another woman. From yesteryear females were always dominated by their male counterparts. Some women willingly accept it, some are forced to accept but some definitely try to break the regular norm and want to lead their lives on their own terms. Naturally, those who are suppressed lot they do not approve of breaking the norms but they should stand as support to the ladies who show courage to break male domination. Once ladies get true support of their own clan then no one would be able to suppress them anymore.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.